CHAP 3: Stale Bread

Oz walked into the cafeteria, peering around for anybody to sit with. They very quickly spotted Liam, sitting with the dunderhead Scott. Oz paced over, then past. Food First. Oz picked up a strange burger with mystery meat and plastic cheese on a tray, and walked back over to the table slowly. Eyes jotting around the room for any other open tables. None. They were all either filled with other students, or that one annoying football team that pushes 3 round tables together to make the ultimate table shape. Oz sighs. Might as well just bite the bullet and sit down next to him. He reluctantly sits down across from Liam, and watches the scene before them unfold. Liam had got food earlier, and was snapping some photos. All different kinds of angles. Just capturing the mystery meat burgers perfect essence with about 17 filters ontop. Scott watched from over Liams shoulder, tail wagging like A little dog.
"C'mon, Liam! One bite?" Scott pleaded, eyeing his (now cold) burger sitting on the table.
"No Scott. Your uneven bite mark would ruin my pictures essence. I want to be seen as cool, not some crooked teethed food eater." Liam scoffed, as he lowered his camera for another photo, getting a different angle in.
"Please! I already borrowed some food from that kid in the corner. And I'm still hungry!" Scott exclaimed as he pointed at a frightened student in the corner. Poor guy got his food taken from him. He probably doesn't mind though! Scott clasped his hands together while staring through Liam's camera. Liam sighed again.
"Scott, once I'm done, you can eat. Why don't you bother yellow vest over there?" Liam dismissively waved Scott off, pointing over at Oz. Oz pointed at his chest in some sort of question 'are you talking to me?' manner. Liam nodded and made some sort of 'hmm.' sound.
"Oh! W-well, yeah, Scott, you can uh.. you can have my burger if you want! I don't really uh, l-like them anyway." Oz murmured. Scott's eyes lit up, gasping.
"THANKS BRO! I'll pay you back one day, for sure!" He quickly snatched the stale burger out from infront of you, horking IT down Like Theres NO tomorrow. Liam winced away.
"Couldn't you atleast be more neat about your eating? Yeesh." Liam grumbled out, adjusting his glasses. Scott slowly craned his head over to see Liam.
"HUH? Whaddaya mean? I'm such a clean eater! No crumbs anywhere! See?" Scott motioned very violently to the smeared table.
"That's because you LICKED all the crumbs off! Disgusting. You agree, right Oz?" Liam suddenly brought Oz into this, motioning lightly to the damp table. Oz winced Back away from the table, lightly pushing their chair back. They calculated two answers in their head.
        — "No, huh? Look at how clean that table is! Scott didn't leave any sort of mess. Such a good boy!"
        — "I mean, yeah, Scott, that is a bit gross. Napkins? Did you forget about napkins?"
Oz cleared their throat, stuttering over his words as he tries to find any sort of answer that would flatter the vampire.
"Uh-uhm.. uh, yeah, sscott.. napkins." Oz stuttered, lightly tapping their fingertips to the table. Liam smiled lightly.
"See, Scott? You should use a napkin. Clean up, thank you very much." Liam snarkily spoke, placing a hand to his own chest. Scott frowned.
"Aww... but this is so much more fun!" Scott sulked, as he walked slowly to the napkin dispenser. Grabbing a handful. The rest faded out as Oz stares at Liam. Smiling lightly.
"Hey, you seem to be neater than that sad excuse for brain. Come here, look at this." Oz looked over at Liam's phone as he spoke. A very blurry and brown photo was displayed on the screen. Over 10 filters applied on one burger photo. Oz's eyes lit up.
"W.. wow! That's very nice.. yeah." Oz nodded slowly, hesitant. Liam's smile seemed more eccentric.
"I know." Liam said, snickering into his palm.
Wow, somehow Oz bonded with the stiff board of a vampire. Just from that experience, they must have earned +1 CREATIVITY! Good for them.

Lunch? Over. Time for more class.

WORD COUNT: 718
Authors Note: ouchies I haven't wrote in a while sorry, I started binging family guy