Prologue

- - -

- - -

Laying in the crib was one of the twins Princess Rhaenyra gave birth to. It was Alyssa Velaryon.
She was the older of the two twins. Her younger brother Jacaerys was in her mother's arms. Both of them had brown hair and while the boy had brown eyes, the girl had purple eyes. Just like her mother.
"When did you say your father would come?," a male voice spoke up. Princess Rheanyra looked up and placed her son into his crib, next to his sister. Harwin Strong had put Alyssa into the crib and watched her, while Rhaenyra was giving birth to Jacaerys. Leanor had stayed with her.
"In half an hour, I think. My siblings and the queen will came with him." Leanor nodded. He could tell that Rhaenyra was nervous. He rubbed her arms and hugged her from behind. Leaning his head in her shoulder and together they were watching the twins.
"We agreed to this agreement. I will claim the twins as mine and every child that will follow," he reassured her, both smiled at each other.

Alicent Hightower held her swollen belly, while slowly walking behind her children. Aegon, the second and Helaena Targaryen were holding their younger brothers hand. Together the trio were giggling and walking behind their father. The sworn protector followed his queen like a shadow. Viserys went ahead eager to see his grandchildren. It was no surprise that he arrived first, already grinning proudly and ready to greet the twins. As soon he stepped foot into the room, the king heard a roar. A small dark red dragon sat in the crib with one of the twins. The underside of her wings were black and so was her stomach. The dragon hatched just a few minutes ago and stayed on Alyssa's side.

"Hello father," Rhaenyra greeted him and approached him. Kissing his cheek, the blonde looked over to her children.
"There's someone who wants to meet you!," She added her voice filled with excitement. Leanor gently picked up his daughter, carefully to not startle the dragon. The two introduced viserys to the twins and when his children with alicent and the queen herself walked in, he was holding Jacaerys. The dragon tried to bite him when he tried to pick up his peacefully sleeping granddaughter. Alicent frowned, Viserys looked way happier about holding his grandchild than any of his children with her.

Aegon, Helaena and Aemond made their way to greet Alyssa. Rhaenyra helped them to have a look inside the crib and promised helaena, as soon that Alyssa would be a little older they can play together. Aemond tried to get a better view of the dragon and Rhaenyra picked him up and put Helaena down, next to aegon. The little boy had pushed a chair over to the crib, Leanor had quickly helped him. That's where the two were standing on, whispering to each other.
"Be careful the dragon tried to bite father," the elder warned her younger half siblings. The toddler in her arms watched the dragon with fascination. The small dragon opened her red eyes and lifted her head.
"Okay that's enough for today," Alicent worried voice sounded from behind them. The children left with their mother and her sworn protector. Viserys stayed for a few minutes until he departed into his quarters.

Leanor went away to get the wet nurse for the twins and the future heir of the iron throne observed her children. She gently run her thumb across Jacaerys check and then Alyssa's.
"You both will do great things when you're older."

Oh if she only knew what future awaited for her family. What Madness will destroy and take from her...

- - -
Welcome to Alyssa's world!! Here's a soft chapter as form of self healing for what I have planned lmao!!