Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It's been six months and I have opened a craft store and Ruby and Annie are running it for me. I'm sitting at my desk, working on the numbers for Rio when Eddie walks in the door. "You okay?" he asks as he sits my coffee down in front of me and I gag. "Yeah. Can you take that away?" I ask and he looks at me confused because I practically live off of coffee. "Sure." he says as he walks out of the room. Rio walks in as Eddie is taking my coffee away. "Something wrong with your coffee Princess?" He asks confused. "Didn't drink it." I tell him and he walks over and kneels next to me. "Talk to me." he says. "I'm okay." I tell him but don't look at him. He turns my chair to face him and asks "What is it baby?" I look at him and say "I'm a little nauseous. And a little late." I tell him and he smiles wide. "Really?" he asks. "Yeah." I tell him. "Let's get you to the doctor." he says and I now.

We get to the doctor and once we are in a room, the doctor comes in and asks "What seems to be the problem?" I speak up and say "I've been nauseous and I'm late on my period." She smiles and says "Let's do some bloodwork and see what we can find out." and we both nod. They take some blood and run the test and the doctor comes back in and says "Looks like you're pregnant. Let's do an ultrasound and see how far along you are." she tells me and we move to another room to do the ultrasound. Once the ultrasound is done, we find out that I am seven weeks pregnant.

Pulling back up to the warehouse, we head to my office and my brother follows us in. "You okay? Rio said he was taking you to the doctor." he asks. I smile and hand him an ultrasound picture and he smiles before hugging me. "Congrats Princess." he says and I smile before moving back to Rio's arms. We are sitting in my office and I go back to the paperwork and Carlos brings me a cup of tea and says "Eddie said you needed something to settle your stomach. This tea will help." he tells me and I smile. "Thank you Carlos." I take a drink as he walks out the door.

That night, we head home, shower, eat and head to bed. I lay with my back to Rio and he wraps his arms around me and rubs my stomach before kissing my shoulder. "I love you my queen." he rasps. I smile and say "I love you too my king. You and our little one." I feel him tighten his hold on me and I can't help but smile.

The next morning, we get up and are in the office when Carlos walks in and says "They are starting Suburban Bitch's trial soon. Are you wanting to be there?" he asks and Rio and Eddie look at me. "No but can you send Lola in here. Beth doesn't know her so she would be perfect to be there to keep us posted." I tell them and Carlos brings her to my office. When she walks in, she aks "What can I do for you Princess?" I motion for her to sit across the desk from me. "I have a job for you but it needs to be kept quiet." I tell her and she nods. "Anything you need." she says and I smile. "You heard about that chick from the suburbs that's on trial?" I ask ands he nods. "We need you there." I tell her. "You want me to keep you posted on the trial?" she asks. "No." I hand her a piece of paper and she looks at it and then me confused. "I need you on the jury. I need you to help persuade everyone to vote her guilty." I tell her and they all smirk. "Can I talk to you alone Princess?" she asks softly. "Sure." I tell her and Eddie and Rio leave the room. "Is everything okay?" I ask. "Yeah. It's just...well...I have no problem doing the job you're asking. But I need a small favor." she tells me. "What's that?" I ask. "Your brother Eddie." she says and I smirk. "You worry about taking care of the task I've given you and I will handle my brother for you. Your loyalty has been noticed. That's why I'm asking you to do this." I tell her. "You'll help me with your brother?" she asks. "Oh yeah. Leave him to me." I tell her.

I walk her to the door and as she walks out, Rio and Eddie walk in. "She okay?" Eddie asks as he looks back at the door. "Yeah. She's fully on board with the plan but she needs a favor from me." I tell them. "What's that?" Rio asks and Eddie looks back at me. "She wants me to help her with you." I say, looking at Eddie. "Me?" he asks. "Yeah. She's got a thing for you and she's loyal as hell." I tell him. "I got her." he says before leaving my office to go talk to her. "They will be good for each other." Rio says and I smile as he pulls me close and kisses me softly.