Zombie

Two knife.

Two knife against two throat.

Mac looked at her, almost amused.

-What do you think you are doing, little girl?-

They were looking in each others eyes. She didn't close hers, staring at his clear blues, and she felt like a stab in her chest.

-I thought I already told you: I want you dead.-

-Then what are you waiting for? You can do it now. Come on.-

Mac pushed himself inside her again, making her wince, and farther towards the blade, cutting slightly the skin of his neck.

In the same moment he pressed the blade of his knife harder against her skin too, making her raise her head by instinct. No more eye contact.

-Do it. Kill me. And you will come with me right away.-

She stayed still, not even daring to breathe.

-Seems like you don't really want me, and you, to die, despite everything. -

Didn't she?

Didn't she already faked her death?

Then why did she not find the courage to finally kill him?

All this time she had dreamed about it, but ended up incapable to do it.

She wasn't completely like him after all. She wasn't a killer.

That thought relifed her but made her feeling even weaker again too.

-I.hate.you.- her words clenched between her teeth. He laughed.

-It's was all a little show to get my attention again.-

He caressed her skin with the blade, giving her goosebumps.

-Don't worry. You never lost it.-

He thrusted again in her harder then quickly raised his hand and hit her on the head with the knife's handle.

She lost consciousness, her blade clinked on the floor.

***

He took another sip of the beer, emptying the bottle and throwing it away from the car window, still driving along the road.

On the passenger side, the girl was a shaking mess, still silently sobbing, her red hair covering her face and her legs pulled to the chest, trying to cover herself as much as possible from him.

She wanted to disappear or just to wake up from that nightmare because, was that the reality?

Did it just really happen to her?

Another sharp pain hitted her groin, making her jump and moving slightly her legs for relief.

She could see a red trickle on her thigh, along with another fluid she didn't want to even think about. Mac saw that too.

He grinned. She closed her thigh again, looking away.

***

She woke up in his truck.

She could tell it even with her eyes still closed.

The old vehicle didn't cushion any bumps and she could feel her body moving by inertia, not caring to stay still.

Her head hurt, just were he had hit her and she raised her hand, trying to reach that spot.

Only in that moment she realized she was tied. Her eyes widened.