Great Gatsby

Warnings: Cussing

September 17 | Monday | 11:23 AM

"You went on a date with him!?" Her friends said in almost perfect unison. Some in a worried tone and others in a happy one.

"Was he mean to you?" Lily questioned, almost urgent. "Did he do anything bad?"

Amy ate some food before chewing out., "Why Michael Afton of all people?" She muffled through her sandwich.

"Guys that's rude!" Holly rolled her eyes at her other friends. She turned to Y/N with a friendly smile now. She couldn't hide her curiosity either. "How did the date go Y/N?"

It was the one time of the day during school that she had with all of her friends, lunchtime. She had just informed them of her weekend activities. "Thank you, Holly! No, he didn't do anything to me, his friends ended up showing up and that was- yeah- but he made up for it! Because he asked me out, Amy. And I enjoyed it!" She answered all of her friends' questions and concerns. She was overwhelmed by all the questions at first.

"We're just worried about you alright?" Lily protested while taking a bite of her food and Amy nodded her head in agreement.

"I'll tell you if there's anything to worry about, which there isn't yet." Y/N sighed. 'They're more protective over me than my own parents!' She thought, amused as she watched her friends continue to banter.

Amy still wasn't happy with these answers. "So? I still don't like him, nor do I trust him even one bit!"

"How about we just be happy for Y/N?" Holly argued back.

"We just don't want her to get hurt! We're just looking out for her." Lily defended her and Amy's point.

Y/N sighed out in annoyance, "Listen, I understand your worries, I was worried too when I first went. But honestly, Michael is very different from what I thought than what we all thought," She defended, but she noticed all her friends had their eyes averted to someone else approaching.

"I see you're already talking about me to your friends, I feel so special." A voice joked behind them, and Y/N shivered.

"Oh great, now he's coming around here too," Amy mumbled under her breath, but only Lily heard. She nodded her head in agreement.

Michael walked towards the table with Jeremy following behind. They both took chairs from another table, brought them over, and joined their table. Michael had his chair placed next to Y/N and Jeremy sat next to Michael, with Amy on the other side.

"Don't you have other friends to sit with?" Amy sneered at the two.

Jeremy smirked at her. "Such a harsh tone~". Amy could only give a nasty glare back.

Y/N could already sense the tension between them all already. "But seriously, don't you guys sit with your other friends?"

Michael shook his head. "Not anymore! We're no longer friends with them."

"Why the sudden change of heart?" There was a little hint of mockery in Lily's tone.

"They're assholes-"

Amy cut Michael off. "And you're not?" She asked, irritably.

"What my friends meant to say," Holly began to both her friends and the boys, giving Amy and Lily side glances. "Welcome to the table. Now let's not get in a fight here, for all of our sakes- let's just have a civil conversation. You were saying, Michael."