How the Drama Unfolds

Three years later, after their high school graduation, Logan and Naomi go their separate ways. They had agreed to stay in touch with one another, but since they are both busy, they feel that they have grown a bit distant. Logan became busier than Naomi because he had to go to rehearsals and photoshoots; he barely had time to check his phone to stay in touch with his band members and producers, writers, directors, etc. He had to turn off all personal social media notifications because they would distract him. But due to him becoming a public figure, he had to post something on all his social media accounts, but he never checked messages or DMs unless they were work-related. Naomi grows a bit sad that Logan is no longer talking with her and she thinks that it is because the fame has gotten to him. However, she continues studying and tries not to think about it too much so that it doesn't affect her grades. 

At times, she also feels that he doesn't want to talk to her anymore and that he is ignoring her. Naomi starts to feel guilty and feels a bit of regret for not expressing her feelings toward him and not validating his feelings toward her. Okay so with this, I don't have any similar personal experiences that led to this point of the story, but it is something that I imagine would happen if two people were close for so long and end up going separate ways. I could imagine that if a friend of mine went ghost mode on me I would feel bad. If they sent me a message saying, "hey I can't talk because I'm busy, I'll talk with you when I can" then that would be different because it is demonstrating that the person is not ignoring you or that they do want to make time to talk to you. However it is not necessary of course for someone to do that, it's just an example. Because today in age, it seems that we are all busy and that is okay, everyone has things to do. Sorry for rambling. Going back to the story now.

The drama begins when Logan and Naomi finally meet up and grab Starbucks. They talk with each other, laugh, and spend a great time together. Once they finish their drinks Logan proposes to go on a walk. They walk for a bit and Naomi demonstrates her jealous side. This takes Logan aback because he had never seen her jealous and this was a completely different Naomi he was looking at. She was asking about a photo of him with Makenzie Vega that the paparazzi had taken and had created gossip about the two going out. However, Logan and Makenzie did date in real life, which is why I think it naturally got incorporated into my story — I think I decided to incorporate Makenzie in there somehow. I thought what perfect way than to make Naomi get jealous for some gossip the paparazzi created.

Anyways, after that Logan is confessing his love to her and she sees a man with a gun. She takes the bullet for him and he immediately exclaims that the bullet was meant for him. And Naomi thinking that she is going to die confesses his love to him. As I mentioned before, I had some pretty crazy dreams that led to this story. This scene that I just described is a dream that I had a few times. In my dream, however, it was the other way around; Logan would get shot because he was trying to protect me in the dream, we knew each other for a long time, we had become best friends and we saw each other as siblings. But after having this same dream more than once, I realized that it must have been for a reason. And so I put it in a draft and thought that it might come in handy for future reference. When I continued to write the story, I got to the perfect point where I would use it. However, I thought that it would be best to give it a twist, that Naomi took the bullet and because she thought she was going to die she finally expressed her feelings to Logan. However then, this creates suspense in what that entails for them and their future and if she would survive.

She gets taken to the hospital and Logan doesn't leave her side. However, the paparazzi don't leave him alone because they take a picture of him with Naomi covered in blood. The drama increases due to this because Logan gets blamed for having hurt a "mystery girl." I feel that this was just a bit of an extra to add up to it. Originally, when I first published the story, I had not included that much drama, and this scene did not exist. However, when I came to reread and re-edit it, I thought that it would be a great idea to involve a little bit more drama in the story to kind of add a little spice to it. At least that's what I thought. And so when I wrote this in, I had to add a new chapter with two parts to make the story move along smoothly. This also demonstrated each character's personality and we see a different Naomi, full of jealousy, sadness, and doubt.

I thought that it would be interesting to add this bunch of drama and really showcase each character's personality. I think that sometimes we just write and go with the flow of it and that sometimes leads us to some quite interesting stories. And when we come back and reread what we've written we think: "I wrote that?" And that is sometimes in awe and sometimes in cringe. Stephen King once said — and I'm paraphrasing here— that it is important to write when inspiration hits and to go with the flow of your writing session as long as you write something. Because you can then come back to it and delete the things you don't want or don't like, that is the editing process. Stephen King also said, "Write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open." Another favorite quote by him is, "To write is human, but to edit is divine" — I'll come back to this quote in the editing chapter.