Chapter 19 ~ Moment of Rest

My legs dangled off the side of the bed in the nurses office, All MIght and Mido on the beds next to me. It was fair to say that after the three of us had been brought back to the school, the pain I had began to register and my body was on absolute fire. Recovery Girl placed a kiss on my knee, the definitely broken patella becoming less and less painful.

"Well I guess I can't scold you for them being back here since it wasn't your fault." The room was abnormally silent, like a plague had washed over all of us. Me? I was just happy to still be standing, er, well sitting here. She wasn't able to do much about the bruising I had because I was already drained of energy. "I can't be sure yet, but I think I shortened my time limit again with that fight. I hope I can at least still hold the form for an hour."

"I'm so sorry All Might." Mido was still beating himself up over the event. It wasn't his fault but he wouldn't take that as an answer. "Well, no use worrying. These things happen."

"So about that All Might, I think I deserve some expli-" The door pushed open, revealing an overly familiar figure come into the room. He had black hair, and was clad in a police detective uniform. "Excuse me, All Might, been a while."

"What the hell I didn't know that you were investigating." Tsukasuchi had come into the room, and from their interactions they knew each other. "Tio Nao!"

"Isla, what are you doing here? Don't tell me you were involved with this?" With a smile I made the motion of zipping my lips, to which the older rolled his eyes. "Whoa, is it okay for him to see All Might like this?"

"Wait? You know Young Amarilla? Oh and yeah it's fine, this guys alright. Naomasa Tsukachi, my best friend on the police force. He's legit, I trust him." You're telling me the man I've known since I was four, and had babysat me on occasions was tight with All Might? "That's quite the introduction. Isla is my sisters daughter, making her my niece. You remember Mari don't you? But anyway I apologize to cut to the chase, but we could really use any information you might have."

"Hold on, before that. Tell me all the students are okay. And Aizawa— er, Eraserhead, and thirteen." His concern made the situation less tense in a way. Seeing this side of pro's made me realize just how much was constantly at stake, and how far their concerns went. "Not counting this boy and Isla the only student injuries were scrapes. And both of the teachers are in stable conditions right now. Relax."

"That's good to hear." Mido let out a sigh, sitting up and turning to the rest of the action. "If you heroes hadn't risked your lives, the students would have never made it. You, Eraser, and Thirteen saved the entire class of kids today."

"You're not seein' the whole picture, Tsukauchi. Those students also risked their lives. They fought as hard as we did, if not harder." The praise once again felt good, reminding me we had done that shit. We came out the other side mostly unscathed. "I don't think there's ever been a group of first-years who experienced a real fight like this so early in their training. They not only survived, they learned what it means to be a pro. Those villains made a mistake attacking them, this class is strong. They are filled with courage and drive. Mark my words, they'll become great heroes."

"That's comforting to hear, but I really do need as much information as you can muster." He was looking at All Might but I could see his eyes linger over to me. "Isla your input would also be greatly appreciated in this instance, how much were you involved?"

"Actual answer or legal answer? Because technically I was still on school grounds and so was the rest of my class, meaning we didn't really break any laws. Our quirks were used in self-defense." My mind quickly went to our defense, realizing how much trouble we could get into if we used our quirks against people without licenses. "That wasn't my concern, none of your classmates will face any consequences for that."