Sin and Salvation

Now that we have discussed some of the fundamental things about the character of God I believe we are now ready to disgust Sin and Salvation. 

Sin

Sin is simply disobeying God's Law. God's Law or the Morale Law is summed up in the Ten Commandments found in Exodus 20.  

The Ten Commandments

20 And God spoke all these words:

2 "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 "You shall have no other gods before[] me.

4 "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 "You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13 "You shall not murder.

14 "You shall not commit adultery.

15 "You shall not steal.

16 "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance 19 and said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die."

20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

The Bible tells us in Romans 2 that God has written His law on the hearts of every man so that men are without excuse before God and rightly condemned because they know the Law of God.

Salvation

First of all what we mean by salvation is to be pardoned by God from the penalty of Sin which is death and Hell. (Romans 6:23) 

God accomplished this pardon by sending Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, born of a virgin. Jesus Christ came in the form of a man lived a life in full obedience to the Laws of God and then went to the cross and was the penal substitute for our sins. Meaning that He took the punishment for sin upon Himself in our place, so that the wrath of God would be satisficed.          (2 Corinthians 5:21), (Romans 5:6-11)

After Christ suffered and died on the cross His was buried and He rose from the dead on the third day and is the firstfruits of those who will be raised by Him when He returns in glory to judge the living and the dead. 

Everyone who repents of sin and places their faith in Christ's atoning work for salvation will be spared from the judgment to come, are redeemed by Christ, and will live forever with Him on the New Earth.

But for those who do not repent of sin and trust in Christ's work, they will be judged and rightly condemned before God and pay the penalty for their errors. 

Salvation is by the grace of God alone, through faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a gift of God granted to men by His own mercy. It is not of works lest any man should boast before God. (Ephesians 2:9-10)

If one is not trusting wholly on the work of Christ for salvation but rather they are trusting in their own works they are not believing the true Gospel and are still in sin.

The true Gospel of Christ which is revealed in Scripture is the only way to the Father and if anyone is to preach something contrary to the Gospel within Scriptures they are to be rebuked and called to repentance and faith in the true Gospel of Christ.