Nothingness

A royal family, a family only in name, thats what we were.

I never felt any connection to them, nor did they to me. We just pretended to be a happy family, we put on a show in order to maintain our position as the royal family, not to leave any openings for people to dethrone us. And by us i mean my father.

So even now that he is sending me away to continue my studies at Elixir's academy, even now while im packing my stuff to leave, i dont feel sad. I actually don't feel anything.

Elixir is a neighbouring empire. Their arts and culture are developed far beyond any other empire. It is also the empire of knowledge and wisdom. Thats why it's academy is considered to be the best ones throughout all the empires. Due to that not just anyone can attend the academy. The only ones that have access to the academy's facilities are children of the royal families and high-ranking nobles.

Since im part of the royal family of the Lummox empire i can attend the academy easilly.

The lummox empire is the empire of magic and dark arts since most of the citizens contain some sort of magic power.

A part of the royal family was leaving today. The people of the empire thought it could never be the same. Their beloved princess was leaving. But she didn't care. "An opportunity" thats what she thought of it as. And as the melancholy was filling the air her bags were almost ready, the carriage arrived and with fast goodbyes and no feelings behind them she was off, off into the future.

And the scenery was constantly changing, it felt as if it wasn't real, trees that once felt huge could fit in her palm, and her castle seemed as if it was nothing. A nothing that would soon be replaced with something. Thats how it always was. "I wish i could be sad" she thought to herself. She acted out a scene in her mind. A scene where she cared about her parents, where they cared about her, where those goodbyes that were said with no feelings were filled with tears and sadness. But that could never happen. She gave up on that idea a long time ago. A time where she loved and cherished.

She was just 6 years old when her powers manifested. Nothing out of the ordinary, just as it was expected for a child of the royal family. When they tested her mana amount though, everything changed. Thats when she really got the treatment of a tool. When she realized that nothing up until then was real. She was always just a tool.

Inside her carriage was a small box filled with chocolates and next to that another box, this time a big one, full of goodbye and farewell letters from her people. She could throw them away anytime she wanted but honestly, for some reason she couldn't. Maybe it was the fact that most of the letters where written with sincerity, even she didn't know.

The ride to the Elixir empire wasn't a long one, but the king and queen insisted that she spends one night in a small village a few kilometres far from the empire so she isn't too tired and can attend lessons right after she arrives.

And as the night fell and the sky was painted black with the light of the moon shining down on her, she arrived at her first destination.

She never really hated being a member of the royal family. It could come in handy in situations like these. Even though she showed up without a reservation, the best room was given to her. A long carriage ride is always exhausting and the moment she laid on her bed, she fell asleep.

And the sun rose again. And it was time for her to continue her journey. This time , it wasn't boring. Instead of fields filled with wheat ready for harvesting, she could see a forest, flowers of every kind and colour, small animals and birds roaming around the thick bushes and tall trees, sunlight making its way though the leaves of the trees and an interesting bird that caught her attention. She read a book about them, they were called owls.

The empire was even more spectacular, at least what she was able to see of it since she quickly passed by it in her way to the academy.

And just like that she arrived to the academy. She was amazed, it really was like how the rumors made it out to be.

Word count: 770

A/N: hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. This is the first book im writing so i hope you enjoy it! Also english is not my first language so im sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes (pls point them out if there are any)