𝖔𝖓𝖊: 𝖗𝖔𝖈𝖐𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖊

*not edited*

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅༺☾✩。:•.

༺☾✩。:•.▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐐𝐔𝐄 feeling, the one of wind rushing through your hair as you flew over open waters on dragonback. It was one only a select number of people got to experience━━ dragon riders.

Caera Celtigar used to fear this feeling. Used to fear heights and the dragons available for claiming rejected her and scared her. Her older brother, Cassian, had his dragon since it hatched on his cradle. A sky blue dragon with a wide snout, a spiked tail and white horns covering his body.

Caera didn't mind at first. She hated heights and she was starting to hate dragons. Rude creatures they were.

And she came to her. Aelys.

Caera was a lonely child, even amongst her own brothers. So she was sitting alone in the Island's shoreline when her darling girl found her.

Caera loves flying know. The higher she went, the better she felt. Aelys and her had been conquering the skies ever since that day when she was ten.

Aelys was a beauty in her eyes, even if her brothers said she was an ugly weird thing. She was white as snow, with accents of silver and...strange. Unlike most dragons, Aelys was lean and snake like in the body much like Caraxes.

A wild dragon that heard the call of Caera's desperate sad soul and answered. An outsider just like her.

Apparently other dragons didn't like her strangeness, but that's okay because Caera loves her for it.

Her and Aleys flew over the water, close enough that sprays of the salty water hit her face making her laugh.

"Higher Aelys!" The she dragon let out a happy trill as she ascended higher. From her right, Dragonstone stood tall and proud and dark amongst the blue sea and skies.

Soon though, it was lost as Caera went past the clouds. She considered circling around when another pair of dragon and its rider joined her yards away in the sky.

Caera turned, studying the boy and his green dragon. "Prince Jacaerys! Lovely day isn't it?" She greeted with a beaming smile. She just hoped the Prince actually knew high Valyrian.

He smiled, so Caera assumed she hadn't screwed up, "Lovely indeed, Lady Celtigar!"

Caera laughed and urged her girl silently to land. The Prince followed behind her silently as Aelys descended the clouds and neared a far off coast of a nearby small island, no bigger than a mile.

A no man's land.

Aelys landed in her awkward way that Caera loved and Vermax a good few feet away. Caera dismounted, landing steadily in the rocky shore.

Brushing her red and white riding clothes she turned to the Prince. "It's nice to formally meet you, Prince Jacaerys." She smiled at the boy and approached him confidentaly.

The Prince smiled, "I can say the same Lady Celtigar." His brown eyes looked like molten gold in the sunlight as he looked at her and then at her dragon.

"Her name is Aelys. And please call me Caera. Lady Celtigar is my mother." The Prince's eyes snapped to hers and he nodded sheepishly, cheeks tinted slightly red.

He looked ethereal in the sunlight.

The Prince nodded, "It's only fair you call me Jacaerys then. This is Vermax." He pointed at his own dragon that made noises at her Aelys.

Caera hummed, "Alright then, Jacaerys..." She have the Prince a sly smile. "Tell me about you." She walked to her left where a fallen over tree lay and sat down.

Jacaerys stood there for a moment before following her lead and sitting down. "Tell you what?" He asked, a bit of suspicion leaking in his tone.

Caera paid it no mind and shrugged, "I don't know. What's your favourite colour?" She wondered out loud and heard the Jacaerys laugh beside her.

It was a silly question, but Jacaerys answered regardless. "Red, I think."

An eyebrow was raised, "You think?" She chuckled. "Very well then, mine is blue." She turned to face the Prince and noticed the blue and black riding leathers. "Oh. You have good taste."

Jacaerys, picking up on the same thing, laughed. "So do you Caera." He pointed out a Caera jokingly scoffed, ignoring the heat rising to her face.

"Of course I do." She gave a gesture to her outfit before turning to look at their dragons, both curiously trilling and huffing at eachother. "I hope he isn't bullying my sweet girl." She told the Prince who gave her a funny look.

"Bully her?" He asked amused.

Caera turned to look at him while suppressing a smile and gave him a shove. "I'm serious!"

Jacaerys laughed, "Why would Vermax bully Aelys?" He asked her a bit curiously through his laughs.

Caera scoffed, "All the other dragons do because they think she sounds and looks weird. A bunch of snobs if you ask me." Her arms crossed across her chest and she scowled slightly.

"Did you just call dragons snobs?" Jacaerys asked through his barely suppressed laughs.

"Don't laugh! I'm not kidding! It makes her sad and insecure!"

Jacaerys gave her a grin, "Okay. If you say so I believe you━━ but Vermax is being a proper gentleman." He gestured to their dragons that had drawn closer but still remained peaceful.

Caera huffed, "He better! My Aelys is an angel!" She looked at Jace that still looked he was about to burst out laughing.

"So dragon's have bullies too huh?" He asked instead.

Caera nodded, "Damn right they do. Nasty old things..." She said, mostly to herself but Jace still heard and laughed. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm hilarious Prince. Now, what's your favourite time of the day?" She turned curiously back to the Prince that answered her much more easily.

He preferred night. Caera loved the day.

And so they went, Prince and Lady, sitting on a rocky beach and talking about the most insignificant things for hours until they had to fly back to their islands.

But that small rocky peace of land with barely fifty trees? That was theirs now.

They would meet again. And again. Flying together in the skies before landing on that small piece of land where they could be just Caera and Jacaerys. Not the Lady Celtigar and the Prince of the Realm.

And they liked that.

Author's Note

I love Jacaerys because dude was raised right and IS a green flag? In the asoiaf universe?? I just had to make a story for him.