16

Modern human AU

Bern had just gotten home from work. She was exhausted and very annoyed, working in Spencers at the mall was the worst. Kids came in and made a ruckus, teens were poking fun at her for her being "emo" or whatever and the adults were spineless. She almost considered working at Hot Topic instead. At least in there would be less porn. Maybe she could even wear cat ears and attract the right audience over.
Taking off her shoes, she collapsed on the couch. Bern sighed, loudly, alerting the attention of her girlfriend, Sato- I mean Lambda.
"Oooh Bernnn! My love are you home- oh.. You look like shit." Her lover said gently.
"Shut up."
"Sorry sorry. How was your day?" Asked the blonde.
"Always sucks. How was yours?"
"Meh! Boring without youuu~~!"
Bern couldn't help but chuckle at that, of course, Lambda can hardly refrain from complimenting her girlfriend.
"Yeah well suck it up. I'll have to work more soon." Said the annoyed girl.
Lambda huffed out dramatically, draping herself over her laid down girlfriend.
"Oh what will I do without you?! I'll have nobody to throw pumpkins at children now! Nobody to bully American Idol with! Woe is me!"
Bern got up and pushed Lambda back up, only to lay her down in her lap. "Yeah, I know. It's always fun to be with you." She sighed, petting the blonde girl on her lap.
Lambda blushed and began to run her finger on Bern's hands. "You think we'll ever hang out together without the stress of a job?" She asked, causing her girlfriend to pause.
"I don't know. Maybe." She said.
Lambda wasn't content with that answer. But she knew that prodding more at an annoyed Bern would only lead to pain. Not the good kind.
She closed her eyes, soaking in the moment with her girlfriend. Once she relaxed she felt a pair of lips on her own. She kissed back.
"I love you, Bernkastel." She said.
"I acknowledge you, and appreciate you aswell." Bern said back.
She had a hard time with 'I love you's' so this was the best Lamb would get.
She wouldn't trade it for the world.