19

19.
«my heartbeating so fast»
desire [ateez]

«my heartbeating so fast»— desire [ateez]

"Why'd you say we're on a date?"

Suho looked at me and smiled before answering my question, "it's fun to tease Seojun," he said. I could only nod and take a bite of the chicken I was holding onto.

Suho had his eyes fixated on me and I tried my best not to react to his obvious staring, "you look pretty," he said out of nowhere. He smiled and looked away while I nearly choked on my chicken and began coughing. My head bobbed towards to the table as Suho handed me my cup of water, "drink it," he softly told me.

I awkwardly nodded my head and took a sip as my cheeks turned red because of his comment. I remained speechless as he continued staring at me.

"This place is really good," shifting the conversation to a topic other than me, "I always come here," I felt a sense of relief when Suho decided to follow up on my comment instead of focusing on me.

Suho shook his head in agreement, "this is my second time trying the food," taking a bite of his chicken before speaking once again, "we should come again."

"Sure," was all I could manage to say as we spent the next twenty minutes feasting on our meal.

Instead of going home, I dragged Suho to the nearest clothing store. My eyes spotted a grey blazer that would fit perfectly on Suho. I grabbed the blazer and placed it on his chest, "you would look good in this."

I yanked his arm and inserted it in the long sleeve, he lowered himself so it would be much easier for me to style it on him but once I looked up, our faces were way too close. Extremely close. Uncomfortably close.

I immediately released the grip I had on his blazer when I saw his smile and turned my head to the side, "you should get this," I spoke lowly.

Suho pulled the price tag and checked how much it cost, sighing to himself as he carefully slipped the blazer off. I shrugged him off and began looking at some of the women's clothing.

"Look at this," I heard Suho say. I spun around and saw him holding a ruffled, white mini dress. My eyes widened at its beauty and I immediately snatched the piece of fabric out of his hands.

I looked at the dress in awe, "it's so pretty," but my fascination disappeared once I checked the price tag.

$54. For a dress I can find for $10 online.

"I'll get it another day," I muttered as I began hanging the dress back onto the rack it belonged too but Suho quickly grabbed the dress out of my hands and walked towards the cashier.