21: The Marriage Tomorrow

Scenes in this chapter imply sexual acts, if you're a minor turn back or skip this chapter thank you!

Taeha did not want to think about it. Her mind has been shrouded in the thought of the marriage that would be happening tomorrow.

After becoming acquainted with the traditions of marriage of the kingdom of Hwei, she finds herself walking around her room.

She was not a child of yesterday, to not understand what truly is needed to produce an heir. She was much older than peers who married and had a sprinkle of knowledge from being friends with ladies who married as soon as they debuted in high society at sixteen.

Yet, she understands that this was not Hendery's aim, however their marriage traditions would put them at a rather tight spot.

Tonic.

During the marriage ceremonies in Hwei, the to-be-wed couples are to drink tonic during the ceremony and are immediately locked up in a wedding quarters alone, together for a day's time. This meant that they were to be locked inside a room until the night of the following day.

She was sure that the food that they would also be serving during the time would also be drowned in tonic.

No. There was no doubting that they would.

She admits that this whole ordeal on marriage made her scared.

Since her biggest heartbreak with Illia, she has never dreamt of marriage. Indeed, she's accepted the fact that it was nearly impossible for her not to marry, but it was rather clear that if she was given an opportunity not to marry she would grab it the moment it would be--

Someone knocks on her door.

"Taeha?" She initially thought it was Emily asking to enter the room, but the moment a different voice called out, it became rather obvious that it was Hendery on the other side.

She sprints towards the door, rather un-princess-like, her mentors would shake their heads at the sight. Yet when she opened the door there was no sign of that weird sprint she did.

"Is everything alright?" Concern was plastered all over the prince's face.

She hesitates a bit before nodding her head. "Everything is fine. Is there a reason that you do not think so?"

He blinks a couple of times before taking a deep breath in. "I could hear your pacing, Taeha."

Ah, he could hear her unease.

"Is it because of what you've found out?"

There were much more pressing matters than him being the crowned prince of two powerful kingdoms.

"If it puts you at ease, I have come to terms with it already."

"Really?" There was clear shock this time in both his expression and voice. "I have not."

As if he was used to it, he slips himself into her room. He has not done, except for that one time, but aside from that moment, Hendery has not confidently walked into her room before.

"I have promised you a life outside of the royal constraints, yet with the marriage set tomorrow and finding out that I am the heir of two kingdoms. It simply puts you at a tighter spot, does it not?"

"That is for us to figure out sooner."

"Us?"

Taeha sighs and takes a seat next to him at the edge of her bed.

"I am set to marry you tomorrow and it is abundantly clear that you and I share a similar goal." Taeha grabs onto his hand. "You do not wish a true marriage of politics, so do I. We shall make use of this marriage as one set to take us to where we have always planned to destined towards."