WEDNESDAY, JULY 1

OMG!! You would NOT believe what happened to me last night! (Hint hint, it has something to do with... BRANDON!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!)

Anyway, I'm at Brandon's house in his bathroom right now. (And don't think the wrong thing! I'm just writing in my diary) We're doing an ultimate Truth-Or-Dare-Spin-The-Bottle-Thingy, and I just HAD to write in my diary, cause you know me... I get addicted sometimes...

Well, I gotta go! MacKenzie is SLAMMING the door with her "OMG! SUPERexpensive designer glue-on nails with REAL gold flakes, an EXACT replica of Ariana Grande's!". She just KEEPS rambling about those darn nails! Not that I'm JEALOUS or something!

Like, how juvenile would THAT be?!

Ugh, I give up. I'm leaving the bathroom, and YES, I have once again been defeated by MacKenzie. Like, WHO even INVITED that girl?

Calling MacKenzie a 14-year-old she-grizzly bear with a spray-on tan and fake hair is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Sorry not sorry, MacKenzie!

I walked back to the outdoor patio where my BFFs, Chloe and Zoey, my crush, BRANDON, and the others (Theo, Marcus, Violet, Marcy and JESSICA. Who even INVITED Jessica?! Oh yeah, MacKenzie probably tagged her along). Brandon gave me a crooked smile, and OMG! I thought I was literally going to MELT!

"Hey Nikki..." He said.

I tried to ignore him.

OKAY, I KNOW, that's not what you're SUPPOSED to do to your crush, but maybe if I told you what happened last night, you'll know why...

So, my band, Actually, I'm Not Sure Yet (crazy name with an even CRAZIER story, but that's another diary), was hanging out on the last day of school. "Man," Violet mused. "I really am going to miss hanging out with you guys and making up goofy songs."

"Hey, our songs weren't goofy!" Chloe teased.

"At least not as goofy as you!" Zoey countered, and the three burst into laughter.

"But I really am gonna miss you guys too!" I added, and Brandon looked my way and smiled at me.

"I'm going to miss hanging out with you every day, Nikki!" Brandon laughed. He probably didn't notice how MUCH I was blushing because his soft bangs FOREVER fell into his eyes. Everyone except Brandon looked my way and smirked. Their eyebrows were positioned in the Oooooh!! way. I blushed and rolled my eyes at them.

Brandon finally caught on to the commotion and blushed. "W-well I'm going to miss the rest of you t-too..." He stuttered, blushing.

"Yeeep. You suuuure are." Marcus smirked and he and Chloe fist-bumped. "Well I need to head home guys. You coming with me, Theo?"

"Oh yeah, my mom can't pick me up so that will be great, thanks."

The two guys left and Chloe and Zoey shot Violet a look. Violet nodded quickly. "The three of us should really get going too." Violet added with a yawn.

"Bye Nikki! Text us!" Chloe and Zoey said in unison, and they left.

Brandon and I looked at each other. "So..." He said.

"So..." I repeated.

Suddenly, Mom pulled up at the curb (thank GOD it wasn't Dad in his roach van!) and honked at me. "That's my ride," I told Brandon dumbly with a wide grin on my face. I swung my bag onto my back and nearly slapped his face with it. "OMG! My bad!" I gasped. Brandon only chuckled and waved goodbye.

I walked towards Mom's car and she took off while giving me The Look. "Hey Mom... What's going on?" I asked suspiciously. She smiled and waved me off.