III

It's been a week since Rocky and Riker first came. We've become great friends in that time, and I've been smiling more ever since. A couple days ago a group of teenagers got tortured for trying to escape from their cells. Like everyone they got taken away and killed.

One other thing. Rocky's moved to another section, I guess we all saw it coming but it was so random. The guard walked in, and just took him away. We have no idea why.

I was waiting to be called out to eat.

"Brook?" I heard someone say.

"Yeah?" I whispered.

"Can we talk?" They said again. I got down on my hands and knees.

"What's up Riker?" I asked sounding concerned.

"Do you think Rocky's ok?" He asked.

"I'm sure he's fine. We'll see him again soon don't worry." I said putting my hand through the hole to hold his. He squeezed my hand before letting go.

"Come on 259." A guard said from next door.

I must be next. I thought standing up and sitting on my bed. Soon enough the guard came into my cell and took me outside.

"Your friend will be here soon." The guard spoke walking back inside.

-------------------
A couple minutes later Rocky was brought out to us. His shirt was ripped and jeans blood stained. He gave us a weak smile blood dripping from his forehead and nose.

The guard pushed him towards us before leaving us alone.

"Rocky what happened?" I asked putting my arm around him pulling him into a hug.

"T-they put me with these two men." He stuttered. "T-the men wanted me to keep to my half of the room." He carried on pulling away.

"And this happened only today?" Riker asked a look of growing concern on his face. Rocky nodded looking at his feet.

--------------------
After we are we where given a extra hour of free time. Something about a new truck load of people coming and wanting to keep us under control and all in one place.

We where sat in the same place we always did. None of us dare speak, there was nothing to say. I sighed loudly filling the silence.

Minutes passed before there was an announcement.

"Can all inmates report to the main hall eminently."