Chapter one

I am Allison Langston. I am a nobody. I am invisible to everyone around me. Sometimes someone will occasionally say 'hi' or "Hello." But I choose to ignore it. They do it out of pity, not kindness. Do I have a problem with this? No. I'm perfectly fine being an independent person with her own opinions. Sure every now and then I wish I would be more out going, but that ends quickly. Some days I WANT to be someone. But, it just won't happen. EVER. Trust me. I'll be a nobody forever. I see other people in the halls and get jelly. I don't know what's come over me, but all of the sudden I yell "Hey! Wait!"
It comes out before I can stop it. As the group turn around, I realize who I just yelled at. My ex bestfriend Kelly Dooley. We were "besties" until middle school. That's when she decided to become snotty and popular. She used to be such a nerd, if only people knew. Like the rest of us, she buried her past when middle school hit. She looks back like she just smelled something spoiled in my direction. She glares and says "What do you want u little dweeb?"
I look at her like a deer in head lights with my hand clamped over my mouth. "Nothing. I just wanted to tell you that you..... dropped your pen!"
"Oh. Thanks, I suppose."
"You're, you're welcome" I finally manage to squeak out. I don't know why, but she makes me so nervous. It's upsetting really. You're friends with someone until 6th grade and then you're scared to talk to them. Crazy.
I hope this doesn't happen to me again. I don't have the courage or social status to do that.