Chapter four

My suspicions were correct. I did hear about it the next day. She went on and on about it. She was so surprised that I didn't tell her to stop. Maybe, just Maybe we are gonna be friends again is all I think. I was Oh so very wrong.
She is just like everyone else. Only cares about herself and nobody else's feelings. One day, I decide to stop her mid sentence. "Kelly, why are you hanging out with me? I thought you hated me!"
She looks at me, probably just shocked because I stopped her. Boy was I wrong! Again! She looks at me and says,"Allison, I'm sorry. For everything that has happened all middle school and until now. I was a complete brat for treating you like that. You were my best friend. I'm sorry."
I look at her in astonishment. Her apologize to me? But, why? "Why are you saying this to me?"
As I ask this, she breaks down and starts to cry. I become worried, and comfort her. Just like old times. I used to hug her when ever she started to cry. Those were the times when we were friends. I'm so confused, I don't know if we are friends now or not.
"Why are you still here after how badly I've treated you?"
"I guess I just don't want you to feel useless. I guess I want to be there when you need help, or someone to give you a hug." I say this and realize that it's the truth.
"Why on earth would I ever be mean to you? You are an amazing person." She says in between sobs.
"I don't know why you do anything sometimes. To be honest." This makes her laugh. Not a fake laugh, but a real one.
"Me either Alli. Me either." Now it's my turn to laugh. Soon, we're just two laughing weirdos in the hallway. It's actually really funny. Despite our differences, we are still best friends. Surprising actually.
The bell rings and we both realize that both of us just skipped first block. We get our books from our lockers, and walk to class. Together.