Chapter 1

Warning: Extremely cheesy. Read at your own risk! Haha.

"Shaurya, come back right now!"

The boy huffs. "No."

"Now."

"Stop acting like mummy! Mummy, tell her to stop acting like you." He shouts knowing full well that his mother isn't at home currently otherwise he wouldn't have dared to show this stubbornness in the first place.

"I'm your older sister. It's basically one and the same thing."

Shaurya releases a frustrated breath at that. "It's not. Plus, you are just a few months older than me."

Naina narrows her eyes with a sickly-sweet smile. "Yeah, just forty-eight months. Now get your ass back here, sit down and make Reet do her work."

The man looks at the two-year-old in question and the 'Colouring for Kids' labelled books spread in front of her. She grins at him. He grins back but morphs his face when he looks at his sister.

"Isn't it too soon to put so much burden on my little niece? Give her a break, God knows she has to do work all her life after this. Let her enjoy her last moments with the teether, and anyways she is very intelligent. She'll colour the trees herself. It would be a masterpiece. Picasso and Van Gogh would envy her if they would have been alive today. Right Reet?"

He looks down at the girl with the biggest of smile manages a smile even gigger than his, agreeing.

"But my Rati is not so bright. She needs me and I have to go."

Naina smirks as she hears the excuse, confusing Shaurya.

"Oh yeah? Then what if I tell her these exact words and see if she needs you anymore or not?"

The hope in Shaurya's eyes falters momentarily before he gains it back. "She would understand that I only said it for you to let me go to her."

Naina's smirk widens while Shaurya's eyes does.

"R-Right? Di!"

The 'Di' in question laughs with her head thrown back and so does her daughter, sitting on the floor while the only man in the room lets out a cry.

"Ok, fine. I'll stay here with Reet. Don't say anything absurd to my Rati."

Naina grins victoriously, looking at her brother teasingly. "She isn't yours yet, Shushu."

This time it's Shaurya who grins, forsaking his pained expressions, face held high, and chest puffed. "It's only a matter of time before she becomes. If only you'd stop acting as a vamp in my love life and let me go to her. And stop calling me that." He sniffs, begrudgingly sitting down besides his niece and picking up the books thicker than a novel containing letters less than the author's name with elaborate pictures, but not before glaring at his sister even though he knows it's not really his sister's fault for stopping him.

But he has his ways and he sure as hell will have his way.

*

"Dad, you needed the car to be serviced right? Should I go and get it done? It's not every day that I get an off. I'll be back in minutes, ok?" he says and gets up in one go, not giving his father a chance to reply.

Though the stern clearance of throat has the twenty-seven-year-old man stopping on his feet.

"It's already seven. The shop must be closed now. Come back and tell me about that salary issue you were going on about yesterday. Akash will be calling me in a few minutes. He's a good CA -"