Training

The next day, Caroline got out of bed and ran down the stairs for breakfast. She had smelled bacon a while ago but fell asleep before she could get up. Everyone was already cleaning up but on the table was a small plate with pancakes and bacon. "Is this for me" she asked. " Yes it is, but don't take too long. Training starts in an hour." Charles replied and then resumed washing the dirty dishes in the sink. "Aww thank you guys" Caroline squealed. "Oh don't thank us. It was Hanks idea" Caroline turned in her chair when Erik said this. She looked straight at Hank. His face turned beet red and he looked down at his feet. "Well then thank you Hank. I really appreciate it " Caroline spoke as she got up to put her dish in the sink.

Caroline stood in the huge grass area besides the house dressed in jeans and her favorite leather jacket her uncle got. She put her hair up in a bun to avoid blinding herself with her own hair. Charles came out holding a bucket of water. "Alright, we'll start with something simple. Try raising the water from the bucket". Caroline looked at the water and slowly lifted her hands from her side. The water came up with ease and then plopped down when Caroline dropped her hands. "Extraordinary" Charles breathed. This made Caroline proud of herself. No one every said her powers were amazing or cool. They just stared at her like she was a circus freak. "Now let's try something a bit more difficult" he brought the bucket closer to her. "Try absorbing the water and then projecting it as far as you can" Caroline dipped her hands in the water and thought of her hands as a sponge soaking up all the water. In thirty seconds, the water was gone. She then lifted her arms and opened her palms. She willed herself to shoot the water from her hands. At first a couple droplets came out but the more she concentrated and tryed the more water came out. Soon the water was shooting out of her as thickly as a firemans hose. Suddenly Caroline felt tired and dizzy. The water stopped and Charles grabbed her arm to balance her. "Maybe that's enough for today. I guess you have never tried that before" Caroline nodded weakly " well with practice it will become easier and in no time you won't even need to absorb water" Charles helped her to her room and set her down on the bed. "Get some rest. I'm afraid your energy has been drained by our training". He turned the lights off and left the room just as Caroline shut her eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.