Chapter 11

"Vaishali. So you are Vaishali. What's your story?"
Sana asks, holding the photograph in her hand. Sidharth lay on her lap, with his eyes closed.
"Sidharth, this Judge, is he taking revenge for something that happened to her?"
Sidharth doesn't reply and so she nudges him.
"I.. guess.. Yes. I think she was important to him. And.. just like Terry Jones, he started these killings to avenge.. her death. But I can't say anything for sure apart from the fact that Vaishali is dead. All thanks to you."

"I will try to talk to her. Yes, maybe she can tell me what happened to her."
Sana says after a long pause. Sidharth gets up and stares at her.
"Have you lost your mind? You know she.. can hurt you. You have seen yourself what is capable of. No need. Listen, this is not your job. It's mine. You could help and I am thankful but no need to do anything. "
She puts her palm on his cheek, "We are partners in the search for truth. I can't back out now."
"You aren't backing out. I can't work without your help but there's no need to take risks."
"Sidharth.."
"Don't Sidharth me.. you aren't doing anything of that sort. "
"Fine, I will ask Dr.Anand."
"That's a promise right? You won't.. What's the sound? Wait here."

Sidharth gets out of the room. Apart from the faint light from the streets coming through the windows, the hall is in complete darkness. He looks around and there's no one. He is about to turn to return to his room when he stops. He walks towards the corner of the kitchen.
"Ruhani.. bache.. what are you doing there?"
He asks in a low tone but she doesn't reply. She stands at the corner with her head facing the wall. He walks to her and holds her tiny shoulders and she turns. Her eyes are wide open but she appears to be in sleep. He shakes her shoulders again, calling her name.

"Sidharth, Ruhani.."
Sana calls coming out of the bedroom.
"Ruhani!"
Sidharth screams and Ruhani falls down in his arms, closing her eyes. Sidharth picks her up and takes her to the sofa. Ritaji comes out of her room and asks what was going on.
"Sidhi.. Mujhe uthaya Kaye ke liye?.."
"Ruhani, bache, you were in the kitchen. What were you doing there?"
Ruhani wraps her tiny arms around his neck and mumbles, "Nai malum.. Sone de..."
"She must have sleep-walked.. ja usse bed pe Sula de."
Sidharth takes her into her room after a quick glance at worried Shehnaaz.

"Sir, the laptops have high security passwords and firewalls. He has the knowledge of very high technology. It will take some time to find what's in it."
Sunny says with an hint of excitement in his voice.
Sidharth knows the reason behind his smile. It is a challenge for him to hack into the system of the Judge. And such challenges excite him. He nods his head, "I need to know what's inside. Try to be a little faster."

He goes inside his room and sits down. Ranne and Gaikwad enter a little later.
"Sir, there's absolutely no information about this girl. It seems like she never existed."
"But she did. We know that. "
Gaikward says, "Someone has buried everything about this girl."
"Someone rich and influential."
"But the.. question is who?"
Sidharth lifts his head and says, "If anything is buried, it can be dug out. We just need to find the where it is hidden."

Sidharth stands in front of the evidence board.
"We now know why Rajnish Thakur, Sameer Salunke, Sipra Khanna and Anuraag Raj were killed. The reasons for their murders are out. And we know why Ashutosh was attacked as well. We have the name of the girl who might be the reason why all these killings started. What we don't have till now is why Tony was killed."
Kambli says, "Sir, the way he was found was different. On the ground with trauma on head."
Ranne adds, "No injection marks, no heart attack, no video after his death and no poem."
Bhonsale scratches his head, "Sir, koi link nahi hai iska peechle murders se. Shayad woh ussi jagah gaya Tha, Rajnish ke bhoot se baat karne. Seeing the ghost, he must have got scared and fell down from the terrace, dying immediately."

Sidharth stares at his face, "Right. So let's do one thing, we are going to send you tonight to the Haunted Asylum. You talk to Rajnish's bhoot and he can tell you the name. Case closed. How simple can it get!"
Bhonsale's face turns pale, "Sir.. aap mazak kar rahe hain na?"
"No, I am serious."
"Sir, I can fall on your feet, do anything you want but don't send me there.. please Sir.."
Everyone try to suppress their smiles as Sidharth says, "Then please keep your thoughts to yourself and instead get me information that can be useful."