Chapter 1 - Beep. Beep.

“You can't leave this behind, it's your occupation, your famous, well, to them you are.

Just continue, nothings going to change.”

“Huh?! Yeah. Yes, it will, I could just wait it out, couldn't I?”

“Sure, then how are you going to go around unseen, unheard of, you can't just walk into a surgery room, ask for a new look, go to the town hall and ask for a new name.”

“You know? You're right, I should continue, yeah... Wait? What the hell am I saying?”

David re-entered reality, “Wake up, WAKE UP!” The sound of the heart monitor slowly faded in, David awoke in a hospital bed, where was he? David drastically turned his head, looking around, giving him a sort of pain, a ringing noise. Closing his eyes to ease the pain, but nothing happened. Suddenly the monitor frantically rung with a constant beep. Creating more discomfort in his head, adding more pain. The door suddenly slammed adding even more discomfort, a lady shouted, “Hold on!”

He lost touch on reality once again, “Hey Dave.”

“Hey Frank, how's it b'in”, Frank puffed smoke in his face followed by tapping ash off,

“Great, the wife and kids are fine, hows yours?”

David look a sip out of his pint, “Fine, but could Billy could'a b'in better, he's ill, we don't know exactly what, the doctor singled out 2 things, but you know, probably just a bad cough, ay?

Frank laughed, “I wasn't saying that after Maria was diagnosed with one of them “Bad Colds”. You know, it can get real stressful.”

“Yeah..” Beeping continued, the monitor awoke him from another dream of some sort. David barely remembered the events of the previous time he woke up, but he could remember the pain. He stumbled to position himself up, someone came running in, “Dave!”

David rubbing his forehead softly trying to wake himself. “Huh?!” Still rubbing his head trying to acknowledge his wife, Irene, standing in-front of him.

“Honey, I'm so glad your alright!” Everything went fuzzy and he saw a foreground of red in his eyes! David blacked out, the nurse re-entered with 2 police officers, all he could hear was echoes, “Why didn't we leave him for the dead....”

“... For the dead, he Deserves it for the s**t he gave us before.”

“Yeah but boss told us to keep him alive, and we barely accomplished that!”

“Hah, I know.” Footsteps faded into the distance.

David trembled to his feet, wobbling, he started moving forward, slowly.

Edging behind a wall, to see 3 people standing in the area of a camp fire.

“Who the hell are these guys?” Looking back to see an empty bottle of whiskey and

blood, he laughed, “Wow, I must of given them a hard time,”

“Dad!” Billy appeared through bushes, “Quick, come with me”