The Bronze Fury

Beaches of Driftmark

120 AC

Aemond's eyes widened. "What?"

"You're going to ride on Vermithor with me." Jaehaera said. "I've been told you haven't flown yet. So I decided today you would. He knows the children, but I took them flying on him when they were mere babes. So he doesn't know you, and that means you must do what I say."

Aemond swallowed. "I will." he promised and followed several feet behind his sister to mount of the greatest Targaryen king who lived. 

Glancing around, he noticed Baelor, Aemon, Helaena, Aemma, Daeron, Laenyx, Daemon, Baela, and Rhaena were in the air, waiting for something.

Then it hit him: they were waiting for Vermithor.

His sister put her hand on Vermithor's snout, petting him. The Bronze Fury let out a low, rumbling purr as Jaehaera murmured to him in High Valyrian.

"Come, Aemond." Jaehaera said. When he got close enough, she took his hand and put it on the bronze scales.

Instead rough like he expected, the scales were smooth and he felt the heat radiated through his gloves. Vermithor narrowed amber eyes at him, but didn't move a way.

His wings weren't tan, like the Maesters claimed, Aemond noticed, but a darker bronze color. "Hello." he greeted.

Vermithor huffed and turned back to Jaehaera, letting out a trill as amber met violet. "I know, boy. We'll be flying soon."

With ease she pulled herself up and onto the saddle. Aemond mimicked her and she helped him with the chains.

Without a word as soon as he was chained to the saddle, Vermithor kicked off and roared as soon as he was in the air, flying higher and higher.

And all the dragons responded as one.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!