Ordinary day

Wake up, hit the alarm, grab the keys, walk to school, walk home. Every day was the same to Uzi, just walking back and forth learning about stupid stuff she didn't want to waste her time with. the only things they really teached were either about murder drones, doors, and different types of metal, specifically the ones used best for making doors.

However today she had a plan of how she would spice things up a bit.

Uzi has been working on a project for a while now, not one for school but one she started in her free time, a weapon strong enough to take out a disassembly drone. Today she would go out to the corpse spire to get a plasma core for the last bit she had to finish... but she didn't really think about how to get out there in the first place. Her dad wouldn't even want to open the door for like a second.

She walks towards the bunch of exit doors only to get immediately stopped by her dad opening the door in split seconds.

"And where are you going, Uzi..?"

"Well- uhh-"

Time skip to about 20 minutes later.

'Wow that took a while' Uzi thought to herself, walking towards the spire of dead worker drones.

After a while of walking through snow and body parts she finally found the thing she was looking for, a plasma core, right next to the landing pod the murder drones came here with. She walked closer to the glowing core buried in the snow and just as she wanted to pick it up she heard a second set of footsteps behind her.

She turned around, throwing the core in the air and snapping back a part of the gun as she catches the core and clicks it into her weapon.

...

Nothing was there...

She turned back around towards the landing pod, since she's here she could also take apart the landing pod for resources-

Her train of thought was interrupted by a metallic noise from above her...

A murder drone.

The murder drone slammed into the ground next to Uzi, making her loose balance and tripping onto her back.

The drone slams its hand around Uzi's neck and onto the floor, the murder drones second hand transforming into a chain gun, pressing it into her head until...

*THUNK*

The murder done collapses in an instant, a dent in its head.

She looks up to see a shadowy figure, a sharp sword in its hand reflecting her visors light. It extends its hand down for Uzi to grab and pull herself up.

"You good?"

"Y-yea, I think I'm ok" she says massaging her neck and extending her hand. "I'm Uzi... who are you? And what are you?? You don't really seem like a drone..."

"Hank." He says sheathing the sword he hit the drone with, spinning it in his hand a few times before he shakes her hand. "Hank J. Wimbleton." Every word he said was filled with power accompanied by a scratchy metallic voice.

"Man of a few words huh?" Uzi said raising an eyebrow with a smirk which only prompted a nod from Hank.

Their train of thought was interrupted by the rustling of metal behind them. The murder drone got back up, parts of its visor being shattered and two of its four real eyes being broken.

It extended its arm towards the pair, slowly limping forwards hissing, only earning a groan from Hank who was already reaching to his hip to grab an extended revolver.

In a split second 6 bullet holes were placed in the drones metal body, causing it to fall to its knees and collapse on the cold snow.

shocked Uzi looked at Hank who now was casually reloading the revolver, clicking the barrel back into place and spinning the revolver in his hand a few times.

"Mind if I stick with you for a while?" Hank said turning his head towards Uzi. "Well you did singlehandedly take out a murder drone so yea I guess." She responded.

"Neat."