Pt 1 Ch 8: 𝘊𝘖𝘋𝘌 𝘙𝘌𝘋!

(1800 words <3)

I fight would've broken out if it wasn't for the coach nearby. I created the most tension in the history of the universe between a girl and the opposite sex. And even worse, it was with the two guys who I genuinely found comfort in.

The rest of the day, Steve didn't talk to me, no one did. Billy of course did, but it made me sad that no else would. I heard gossip about me sleeping with Billy, but even worse people were saying I slept with Steve too.

It was the most embarrassing thing. I walked through the hallways as people side-glanced me and were talking under their breath. Billy walked me around with his arm around my shoulder. He flipped a few people off who were laughing at us.

God, I hated it. This was so stupid, Nancy Wheeler was so stupid, I was so stupid. I acted invisible for the rest of the day.

At the end of school, Jonathan told me that he and Nancy were going to be hanging out. In my head, this could go both ways: A; he could get Nancy to fall in love with him. Or B; she would totally break him before she ran back to Steve. I told him about what she told Steve. He recommended that I talk to her. So, after the two were about to leave, I stopped Nancy. "Nancy?" I yelped, out of breath.

"Yes," she responded. It seemed like she was annoyed with me.

"Why did you tell Steve about me and Billy? Like, you didn't need to."

"Well," her annoying voice rang out. "I didn't want you and him to start anything when you know you are starting something with Billy. You're lucky I didn't tell him any details."

"Well, there was no need to, because now the whole school knows thanks to your ex starting beef with Billy. Because for SOME REASON, you HAD to tell Steve about me and Billy because he just HAD to know? And don't you dare give me crap because, Nancy, I just got here and you don't understand the household I came from because no one needs to know first of all and second you wouldn't care because your life is perfect and you COULDNT WANT OR NEED ANYTHING MORE? RIGHT?"

My face was beat-red. I said all that in one breath, too. She stood there speechless. No one had gotten onto "Perfect Nancy Wheeler" before. She knew she hurt me. "Addie, I'm so sorry. I never thought of you like that."

"I didn't wanna talk about it to make people look at me differently. I don't want people looking at me as some weak-link in the chain," I admitted.

"I'm sorry for not thinking of you," Nancy apologized.

"I don't know i feel still," I stated. "Just whatever you do, if you hurt Jonathan, I won't be able to forgive you."

"I understand. And about Jonathan, I won't. I promise," she remarked.

I was going to trust her to keep her word.

Steve still didn't talk to me on Friday, especially with Nancy and Jonathan not being there. Jonathan told me the previous night what the two were up to. They were going to tell Barb's parents the truth. I was subtly surprised that Steve wasn't going.

I tried approaching Steve that day, but with Billy following me everywhere, he wasn't helping my situation.

I couldn't focus in school. I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't stop shaking. It was like an everlasting anxiety attack. Even Steve noticed I was off. He looked as though he felt sorry for me, but with zero emotion.

In PE, I was totally out of it. I sucked that day and I wanted to cry. I wanted to vaporize into a cloud and float into the sky.

As the boys came into the gym, Billy noticed me on the sidelines. My face was in my hands. He came up and brushed his fingers through my hair. "You okay, darling?" he whispered, leaning down so only I could hear.