ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

A tale, a story for two, where one stands tall and the other pushes through, how will these new boys change the world, a cyberpunk universe just for you?

Atlas Novachrono steps into a dorm. A high school dorm, mind you, as he was pulled out of school later on and forced to join the police department to defend the law and protect the citizens. He did not go to college. "There aren't nearly enough policemen these days," say the people that later on hired Atlas. "We just saw some hidden potential in him, especially after seeing his grades in school and skills in combat. That guy was a real troublemaker back in his eighth-grade year." But for now, Atlas was not a member of the police. He set his things down, sighed, and collapsed onto an available couch. Somehow, Atlas's roommate didn't seem to be there yet, but Atlas paid no mind to it; it would serve as a nice moment to relax for him.

...But as one would expect, that peace did not last for long.

Azen Voldiguard busted into the room without hesitation, a big goofy grin lighting up his features. "Oh, are you my new roommate? Sweet!" he chirped, turning to Atlas.

Atlas sighed. That was quick. He nodded. "Yeah... I'm Atlas, you?" he asked curiously.

"Azen! Nice to meet ya Atlas," Azen chirped, extending a hand to Atlas. Atlas blinked, slowly taking the smaller boy's hand and shaking it. "Yeah. Nice to meet you too."

At first, things were a little awkward, but the boys got along quite well. With the bright personality of Azen, the awkward space between the two dissipated rather quickly.

"Morning Atlas!" Azen said, hopping into Atlas's room. Atlas grumbled, clearly distressed from waking up so early on the first day of high school. "We gotta leave here in thirty minutes, so get up and get going!"

"I have an alarm set..." Atlas grumbled, sitting up and rubbing his tired eyes. Cold air hit his bare chest, causing him to shiver. "Turn it off, I'll be the one waking you up from now on!" Azen chirped in reply, his bubbly personality showing in his loud, booming voice. Atlas flinched at the loud sound first thing in the morning.

"Okay..." Atlas replied, timidly turning his alarms off. "Good! Now get up, we're gonna be lateee!~" Azen hummed before leaving the room. Atlas's eyes widened once they focused; Azen's things were all collected and ready, despite him seeming like the loud annoying type when Atlas first met him. Seeing this, Atlas decided it was time to get out of bed. He got his thing and left his room in his school uniform a dozen or so minutes later. "Ready?" Azen asked, looking up at Atlas with hopeful eyes.

Atlas sighs, thinking it would turn out to be a long year. "Yeah, I'm ready," he mumbled.

It wasn't long before the roommates got along. Within a week, they would take time out of their days to go out somewhere and hang out together.

"Hey, Atlas, there's a cool boba place near here. It's like, ten minutes away if we walk there. You wanna go?" Azen asked, peering over at Atlas, who was nose deep in a book. "Huh? Oh, I guess so," Atlas replied, confused by the sudden question... They'd only just started talking, after all. "Cool, we'll get to know each other there, then!" Azen chirped, running to his room. "I'm gonna go get ready!"

"A boba place?... I haven't been to one of those - let alone any cafe - in a while," Atlas thought as he walked to his room to get ready as well. He'd never realized it, but he felt a little happy over the thought that someone wanted to hang out with him, as didn't used to have many friends at all, let alone people that wanted to hang out with him.

Within a couple minutes, Azen busted back out of his room in-

 "Not a school uniform!" he shouted excitedly.