*V* (EDITED)

Chapter Five

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

Yeosang sat at his desk, surrounded by a chaotic mess of files and papers. His head throbbed with exhaustion as he tried to make sense of the reports spread out before him. He ran a hand through his now blond hair, feeling the weight of the long day pressing down on him. A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts, and he looked up to see Ravn leaning casually against the doorframe.

"Am I interrupting?" Ravn asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

Yeosang shook his head, a tired smile tugging at his lips. "No, not at all. Just drowning in paperwork as usual."

Ravn stepped further into the room, curiosity flickering in his eyes. "What's all this about?" he asked, gesturing to the scattered files.

"We need to run tests on the victims we found yesterday," Yeosang explained, gesturing to the reports. "It's been non-stop since we got back."

Ravn nodded in understanding, then offered, "You've been working so hard since yesterday. How about a coffee break? My treat."

Yeosang hesitated, feeling the weight of his workload pressing down on him. Before he could respond, another voice cut in from the doorway. Jongho stood there, arms crossed, a concerned look on his face.

"Yeo, we had plans for dinner, remember?" Jongho reminded him, stepping into the room. "I even went to your house, but your neighbour said you hadn't come back yet."

Yeosang sighed, running a hand over his face. "I completely forgot. Can we reschedule? I have so much to do."

Jongho shook his head, a determined look in his eyes. "No, you need a break. Let's go now."

Yeosang relented, standing up and grabbing his coat. Jongho noticed the chill in the air and immediately took off his puffer jacket, draping it over Yeosang's shoulders.

"What are you doing? You'll freeze," Yeosang protested, but Jongho just smiled and pulled him closer, wrapping the jacket securely around him.

"I'm fine. You need it more than I do," Jongho insisted, taking Yeosang's hand and placing them both in the pocket of the jacket. Yeosang felt a warmth spread through him, both from the jacket and from Jongho's touch.

As they walked to the restaurant, Jongho expressed his concerns. "I've been so worried about you. You've been overworking yourself. I feel like I've lost my best friend."

Yeosang squeezed Jongho's hand, stopping in his tracks. "Jongho, thank you for caring. I feel like I've been losing myself at work lately, but you've always been there for me."

He leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on Jongho's cheek, causing the younger man to blush furiously. "You don't have to worry about losing me. I'm not going anywhere," Yeosang reassured him before pulling him into the restaurant, leaving Jongho flustered but smiling.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

10 years ago

Hongjoong tried his hardest to block out the voices. They were taking over his mind as the horrid screams of his mother echoed in the night sky. "Hongjoong! Jennie!" His mother and stepfather screamed as he tried to fight off the strength of the guards pulling her towards the black van. Hongjoong tried ignoring his raging inner vampire screaming in his mind to attack the humans and stayed behind the tree, hugging his little sister to his chest as tears ran down their faces. They watched as the humans shoved their parents into the back of the black van in shackles and burnt their house down.