Lost (Angst)

--Previously,

"Who are you?"

Those words made Kazuha break down. Why? How? Questions flooded through his mind.

--

"Kuni..? Y-you remember me, right?" Kazuha tried to make himself believe he simply misheard something,

"How do you know my name? Where am I?! Don't h-hurt me!" Kunikuzushi was in a panic once again, not being able to know anything.

"No, this can't be. He could still remember me, right?", Kazuha still denied to himself.

"It's me, Kazuha, remember..? When we met in Chinju forest?" No matter how many times he tried, Kunikuzushi still did not remember a single thing about him.

"I'm sorry, I do not know you. But, I do have a weird feeling in my chest when I see you."

"Do you remember what a hug is?" Kazuha asked one last question.

"Hug?.. Hug.. an act of affection..?"
This answer gave Kazuha some hope, knowing that not all memories about him were lost.

"Yes, and who told you about it?"

"I forgot, I'm sorry.." Kunikuzushi turned his head back and started to cry.

"Hey, hey, it's okay.. We can try to start over.."
Despite saying this, he couldn't help but to shed a few tears himself as well.

"T-thank you.. Please hug me, it feels nice.." Kuni asked.

Kazuha did, of course. He hugged the boy from the side, caressing his cheek with one hand, while holding him close with another.

"My body hurts. I feel dizzy. Everything hurts.." Kunikuzushi sobbed.

"I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. Stay with me as long as you need to."

Kuni moved closer into Kazuha's embrace, trusting him even though he doesn't remember him.

Have they ever met before to have such an unbreakable bond? Were they together in their past life? Or are they just soulmates?

"Kazuha.. I'm tired." He cooed softly.
"It's okay. Take a rest, you deserve it." Kazuha said, as he fondled with Kuni's long hair.

"You can take a nap if you want to. I'll go to Beidou and Ningguang."

"Who are they..?"

"Captain Beidou of the Crux fleet, and Ningguang, her girlfriend." Kazuha explained patiently.

"Okay.. I'll wait for you." Kunikuzushi smiled.

Kazuha left the room and made his way to Beidou and Ningguang's room.
Embarrassingly though, he heard some suspicious noises and instantly knew he shouldn't enter at that time yet.

He decided to go downstairs to the kitchen to make some Jade Parcels.

On the way, he bumped into one of Ningguang's secretary, named Baishi. She asked about Kunikuzushi's health condition, to which Kazuha replied with, "Not very good".

—————

He walked back up the staircase, and listened in on Beidou and Ningguang's room.

"Great, no more noises." he thought.

He knocked, and entered the room.

"I made some jade parcels, Captain Beidou and Lady Ningguang." He said, in a slight formal tone.

"Hey, drop the 'captain' and 'lady'. We're your friends now, Kazuha!" Beidou replied, in her usual cheerful personality.

"Alright. Thank you, Beidou" Kazuha smiled.

"How is Kunikuzushi doing so far? Has he regained consciousness?" Ningguang questioned,

Kazuha sat down on the bed and looked down, tears pricking in the corner of his eyes.

"He..he lost his memories." Kazuha answered, now unable to control his tears.

Hearing that, Beidou quickly moved over to him and patted his back softly a few times.

"I'm sorry to hear that.." Ningguang said, regretful of asking.

"It's okay.. for now, I hope we can start over with him. But there's a part of me which feels extremely upset about this unfortunate situation." Kazuha said, crying quietly.

"Everything will be alright, Kazuha. We will support your journey with him. I'm sure he will regain his memories soon enough. Just promise me you won't give up, okay?" Beidou comforted.

"Thank you. I hope so too. I'll go to his room and offer him the Jade Parcels. Thank you, too, Ningguang." Kazuha thanked.

Just as he left the room,

"I bet ten thousand mora they will end up together." Beidou suggested,

"Isn't it obvious you'll win already.. fine, though." Ningguang replied, and continued to chat with Beidou

————

"Hey Kuni.. I'm back with the food." Kazuha smiles softly at the boy.

Kazuha noticed that he was listening on Beidou and Ningguang's room.

"Kazuha, they were making weird and loud noises at first, but as soon as you entered, the noises stopped. And after you left, they made a bet about us ending up together..? What do those mean?" Kunikuzushi questioned, extremely confused,

Kazuha's face flushed bright red, almost nearly as red as the streak in his hair.

"I- uhm-" He went speechless,

"They were.. doing some work and Beidou accidentally got hurt-"

"And.. they bet that I would come in your room next! Yeah.." He let out a nervous giggle.

"Oh.. okay." Kuni replied, however, his face looked as if he knew everything.

"A-anyways, here are some Jade Parcels." Kazuha handed the plate.

"Thank you~" Kunikuzushi hummed.

————

"Mhm this is really good!" He said, swallowing down the food.

"I'm glad you like it. I'll try making some Inazuman food for breakfast tomorrow." Kazuha said, in hopes of him regaining his memories through some Onigiri.

"Kazuha, can I see what it's like outside the Jade Chamber? Like, the view.."

"Yes, but please allow me to follow you. I don't want you getting injured, or worse." Kazuha warned.

"Of course you can come along, it would be boring alone anyway.." Kuni huffed.

Kazuha stood up,
"Alright, I'll lead the way."

They walked to the main door of the Jade Chamber, and exited.

"This.. is so pretty.. I've never seen anything like this before, from somewhere so high up before." Kunikuzushi said, in pure amazement.

Kazuha simply smiled at him, softening his gaze.

They sat down, and stayed there until night time.

END

Word count: 927

A/N: I wrote a part of this chapter at school lmao, I didn't get caught either. (My school doesn't allow phones and I brought a whole ass iPad)