D for 'Disclosure'

The blaring sound of the ambulance could be heard throughout the school.

Miss Yoshana had ordered the students not to come out of the class, but of course, nobody listened - that is, until one of the P.E teachers gave them a good tongue-lashing.

"Who was the one who. . .well. . .?" The boy who had been sitting next to Mithun, who's name was Ishrit, asked Chandini and Kyra. Even without him finishing the sentence, the question was crystal-clear.

"It was Pranav," Chandini said, her brows scrunched. Kyra still looked traumatized.

"PRANAV?"

Two boys Mithili hadn't really noticed until now were trying to look out the window.

"The ambulance is only just leaving," One of them said. "And, his stretcher was red with blood stains."

Mithun now looked worried sick.

Mithili was just realizing something - Pranav. . . the name had seemed familiar. Of course! The boy next to her on the bus - she had noticed that his bag had the name 'Pranav' written on it.

"Pranav? The one with braces?" She asked.

Mithun nodded.

"You know him?" Kyra asked.

"I wouldn't say that," Mythili said.

"What exactly happened?" Sara asked, coming towards Kyra with Sahya.

"I don't know - he just - it was so sudden and I-" Kyra couldn't seem to finish talking. Chandini patted her back and told her to sit down.

Mithili hadn't witnessed the scene, or known Pranav personally, and the whole thing was still so overwhelming; she couldn't imagine being in Kyra's place. Although it did seem like a lot of people knew him. Sarah looked really upset. Sahya too.

It was dead silent for a while. There was not much you could say when you were waiting for news on whether your school-mate is still breathing. But it didn't seem like that news would come soon.

- - -

The sound of the door opening interrupted the painful silence. Sahil just walked in. He had just come from the canteen, and went to sit back in his place. But he noticed that his classmates were staring at him without blinking an eye. He was confused - was he just that . . . handsome?

"Were you just in the cafeteria?" Mithun asked.

Of course, that's what this was about.

"Yes," he said, sighing heavily.

"What happened?"

Sahil slowly explained the exact description of what had happened a few minutes a ago.

"There was blood spilling from his mouth?" Sahya asked. Sahil nodded grimly. He saw that everyone's face turned pale - except Kyra's, because hers was already as white as a ghost's.

The sky turned grey, and soon enough, rain was pouring throughout the area, which was a little sudden, since it barely rained in April in this side of the globe. But given the current situation, the dull weather seemed accurate.

- - -

"I hate rain," Sara - seemingly a friend of Sahya's, Hiya thought - said for no apparent reason.

"I like it," Sahya said, with the little smile that was possible at that moment.

"Me too," Hiya said. They looked at each other, but quickly turned away.