Deck The Halls

"Dad, it'll be fine, its just 2 days and there's not gonna be any drugs or drinking," Duke Parker said to his father, who was on the phone with him while he was driving on the highway. "It'll be fine, we're all good Christians, we'll just hang out and then head home for the week of Christmas. Ok, ok, I'll text you when we leave. Alright love you too." He hung up the phone.

"Good little Christians, oh how I love it," Joey had said, laughing from the backseat. Duke simply just smiled back. He knew his parents wouldn't let him go if they knew alcohol, girls, and bedtimes after 10:30 would all be present.

"So, is Dallas already up McDonough, or when does he get in?" Annie asked from the passenger seat.

"Heather and Him have been up there for a few days." Duke hadn't seen his brother in months, and was nervous, but also excited to meet his girlfriend, Heather. Dallas had brought up many girls to McDonough Manor before, but this was the first actual girlfriend that Duke was going to meet. Duke wanted to spend a weekend with them for a few weeks now, and so it was decided that they would bring a few friends up to spend the weekend before Christmas at their family's winter house.

"Yo Fred, how about them Richmond Storm, 200 rushing yards in one night, they're a legit contender!" Duke said eagerly to Fred, his college roommate, who was sitting in the back.

"One game, it was was one game Duke. How can you even be excited after their previous games!"

"Ok look, Benny hasn't had an ideal sophomore season as the shot caller, but come on dude, this, this is the start of a dynasty."

Kat, who was sitting next to Fred, decided to chime in. "Richmond hasn't had a winning season in 13 years Duke. Just wait and see, they'll find away to choke with just three games left, yet again." She knew her sports better than Duke and Fred realized. Duke could tell Joey and Annie were completely lost, as sports talk wasn't up either of their sleeves.

"Alright, so when we get to The Manor, there's 4 bedrooms. I guarantee Heather and Dallas took the master bedroom, and Heather's sister, Sarah, and her boyfriend took one of the guest rooms, so that'll leave 2 rooms.

"I'm not sleeping next to any of you, not after my last sleepover. I'm getting my own room!" Joey exclaimed. Dallas figured he was going to say something along those lines. "We'll just keep it simple, girls in the downstairs room, us guys will go in the room that my dad turned into an office." With no objections, they soon awaited arrival.

It had been snowing on the mountain for days, and as Duke and his friends arrived at McDonough Manor, the snow was continuing to pick up. The sun was peeking through the clouds, letting the Manor perch on top of the mountain with white surrounding every side. After Duke parked the car, Kat went to the trunk and began handing out everyone's luggage. As she handed Duke his backpack, they both heard the front door opening. Dallas Parker, with a flannel hoodie, jeans, and boots walked outside with his girlfriend, Heather.

"It's about time you showed up. We already ate because we assumed one of the resident yetis ate all of you." Dallas said to the group. None of them had any reaction, except for Heather, who leaned forward, bursting with laughter.