10 |An Act to Forget|

The weather kept on playing with the hearts of the subjects that lived in Rowlian Capital of Lowen, the low temperatures dropping even more as the winds crept from under the half-broken doors, and into the homes of the one that lived between the Barracks and District Street.

The Barracks was the oldest neighborhood that Lowen had ever had, or at least the oldest neighborhood that still was standing, built between the High Strands and District Street, it was the only locality that had been designed solely for the Empire's military to reside in. Families of both stationed soldiers and of the infantry standing just outside on the outskirts of the capital were the ones that had the right to reside there.

But not families only, even orphans victims of war had been relocated there, in the same orphanage Pharah Des Reslow had inaugurated under Steel's vigilant gaze a few months back.

It taken two weeks for Rosalynde to finally clear her schedule, two neverending weeks of reunions and new plans to approve for the next military campaign that the empire would have soon carried out under the excuse of a failed assassination against the Des Reslows. Because of that, work had tripled since becoming Apostle IV, the soldiers under her command multiplying like rabbits with each passing day.

Everyone was slow in comprehending the reports that Steel's new personal informants all around the capital sent her daily, there had been times where someone had asked for her to repeat, and coincidentally the same person had decided to stay home for three days. The week later only to find out the person had moved to a different city outside the capital, or that he'd passed under the protective wing of Lord Sandors.

Her new office had appeased her a lot when first stepping inside it. She'd given out precise orders when Pharah had asked her if she wanted to change a few things inside it.

However it hadn't been just a few things that had changed, Rosalynde had changed everything, everything that her eyes could connect to the deceased Brek Haywire. The wallpapers, the expensive decorations the man had bought while trading with the Atrean Kingdom, even the couches and armchairs which had been realized with the finests of fabrics had been swapped with new ones.

She'd change every single object inside the room, for a penumbra-like workplace to a candid environment, not even Pharah had expected it as she stepped into Rosalynde's office the first time a week before.

All she'd said to her private attendant was that she would have given a look at the registers containing the economic transactions to see the amount of money that'd been used for the project.

Rosalynde simply rolled her eyes at that, inviting the apparent heir out before getting back to work.

This was the first time in weeks that Steel had the possibility to get out of the palace, even if it was not to take a leisurely stroll around the capital to buy small trinkets to appease the continuous whims of the Lady she served.

Again she'd used a hood to cover a bit her appearance, especially her hair, silver hair wasn't exactly common in the capital, but she'd already met some people possessing her same hair color.

She'd used an automatic carriage to get to the Barracks, what the latest thread of inventions had called Cooling Automatic Transport, C.A.R as abbreviation, even if Rosalynde preferred associating the moving vehicle with a carriage. Same structure for her meant the same purpose.

"We've arrived, miss." She waited for the diver to dismount from his seat and open the door for her before getting down, giving her an arm to aid her feet into safely touching the floor. After getting down she took from her purse two silver coins, leaving them inside the automatic carriage before patting the man on his shoulders.