Side Quest

Reaper tried to get as much sleep as she could, so she didn't sleep in a bed. Instead, she slept in the corner of the room where if the door swung open you couldn't see her, it's a habit she gained when she was a child.

As the door opened slowly a man entered looking for her on the bed, he then started frantically looking around the room for her. Suddenly, his eyes glued onto the small figure curled up in the corner. If he didn't look that way he wouldn't even notice her. He huffed out in relief slowly walking over towards her. Her back nuzzled into the corner while the cloak she wore was wrapped around her like a makeshift blanket, knowing damn well there is one on the bed. Her skull mask rested on top of where her arms are. She slept soundly, not even Ghost could notice her breathing. She started moving around and sighing, he realized she was waking up so he backed up and tried getting out of the room before she could notice.

"What does the ghost man want? Missed me already?"

Ghost stopped in his tracks and then turned his head towards her, "There's someone waiting to talk to you on the computer."

"Fucking aye man." She huffed out, getting up there was cracking coming from every one of her bones.

"... and I came to check on your shoulder."

"Oh?" she cooed then slipped past Ghost not wanting her shoulder checked on just yet, "You care about me?"

He shook his head as he followed her through the narrow hallway. He finally got a good look of how tall, well, short she was. She was eye level to his lower chest even with the extra inch that came with the combat boots. As they entered the living room area she recalled the actions from last night, making her cheeks flush a little. Then noticing that Soap was standing with his arm crossed on the other side of the coffee table. She sat down on the couch, a computer was open in front of her.

"Lieutenant Reaper on stand by."

The screen turned a shade of dark blue, resembling that there is a video call, however nobody was on the screen.

"How formal, my little Reaper." exclaimed a husky voice spoke with a thick Australian accent, Ghost and Soap looking at each other confused.

"For fucks sake..." Her head slung down and shook her head, "Can you gimmie a break already man, a girl gotta sleep, you know whats been happening Nightmare."

"Naur sweet girl, theres no rest of the wicked, you know that."

She snapped her head up looking into the camera, "Call me that again and I swear the next time I see you will be your last Cap, I can handle 'my little reaper' but not that name."

"Woah woah I don't like it when you call me 'Cap' now."

"You started it." She clicked her tongue at the man while crossing her arms.

"What do you want anyways, I'm on deployment."

"Oh can I not call my partner when I miss her, I'm hurt."

She made a fake throw up noise and covered her mouth over her balaclava mask, "Im gonna hurl."

"Sian Macgregor. His last known location 5 klicks from where you are at now. I'll send you the location via phone. But be careful he has men with him, maximum of 6. It shouldn't be a big deal for you since you've taken down 15 on your own before." Her focus was now back on the screen.

"True. But isn't that the man that the Widow company has been trying to hunt down for the past two months? What the hell is he doing all the way out here."

"I was hunting him down couple nights ago, but frankly I was alone on the mission and intel was incorrect."

"Thats the first a man has ever slipped from your grasp, why not you?"