DANI

|CHAPTER TWO|

"Oh c'mon! We had it going Dani, I even rehearsed it." She whined, she was acting childishly as always. Not that minded.

"I was busy with other things like, I don't know, sewing up this woman's stomach so she didn't die?" I replied, propping my elbow on my other arm.

Ani's breath hitched, "Good point."

"Chūkū." The girl mumbled.

I raised her chin, "Speak clearly if you want people to hear you."

"Chūkū Kimochi." She said firmly, holding the wrist that touched her chin. I felt the callouses that littered her inner fingers, she must have experience with a weapon of a sort. Perhaps a sword or even a staff.

What was unbelievable to me was that I felt some sort of bubbling in my stomach. . an auspicious feeling but, I was unsure of why as both of us gazed into each other's eyes.

"I never realized your eyes were pink. I would've thought they were magenta had I not looked closer." I broke the heavy silence that filled the room.

She gulped as I slowly let go of her chin, her hand loosening from my wrist.

"Anyway- I believe if you want to start heading out of the forest the North-West direction would be best." I suggested. "In the case that your perpetrators happen to come back that it would be wise to heed my warnings, as it would be a shame if you died after all the trouble I went through. . Miss Kimochi."

Chūkū shook her head before hesitating, "Chūkū is fine. So are we able to leave now?"

"Well, yes but-"

"Excellent. Then let's get going." She cut me off.

I furrowed my brow. This girl.

"I'll stay here, I have better things to do than babysit." Grabbing Chūkū by the wrist once more, I put a healing potion in her hand.

"What's this?"

"In the case your wound opens up again, this will help it heal faster." I replied.

"Thank you."

I grinned cheekily, "Well off you guys go now. I would hate to keep your brother waiting any longer."

"How did you-" Her face contorted with confusion before I snapped my fingers.

Ani glanced at me.

"Don't forget your axe, tata!" She was whisked away to where I sent Chūkū outside of the house.

If I knew what Ani was thinking, we both definitely wanted to keep her.