eleven: lost in the dream

The rain beats against your skin as you sit on a tree branch, looking back at your wings as if they've offended you

       The rain beats against your skin as you sit on a tree branch, looking back at your wings as if they've offended you. Of course they have, if they were made of chitin and scale, why couldn't you just get home?

      "Minerith Y/N, do you have any idea how worried the militia were? General Taehidwen scoured the entire west forest for you." A woman with four arms and intricate pink patterns up and down her body stands and folds her arms, holding a leaf above her head with the other pair. Her eyes hold no kindness.

       "Does it matter? He's engaged to the Princess Insecta, and I've just lost my role in the palace because of our affair. He's only digging a deeper hole for himself by trying to stay with me." You huff, and the orchid mantis woman rolls her eyes, looking behind her for anyone.

       "You know what? You disgust me Y/N." She speaks and you look up from your huddle, eyes scrunched in confusion. She looks angry, upper lip bared and long hair slicked back. She looks enraged.

    "General Leediren?" You ask her name in confusion and she pins one of your hands against the wood of the tree, your heart beating fast and alarmed inside your chest .

      "He loves you. You, a nobody. A simple little silk moth who only earned her merits by sleeping with the King General." She growls and you gasp, shaking your head. Baseless rumors that were only started by the Prince Insecta to criticize you for rejecting his advances. It suddenly dawns on you.

        "You love him." You realize and she growls again, pinning your hand even further against the tree. Blood begins to flow down your arm, a clear substance that glistens in the rain.

     "I loved him first! Not you, not the princess, me!" You shriek when she urges her hand, claws, into yours. The bones in your hand suddenly break, a soundless gasp leaving you. The pain is unlike no other, traveling in coils through your body.

       "You wouldn't kill his children, would you?" It's your final effort to persuase her, feeling the eggs in your womb and the overbearing urge to protect them. Yet, she only gags in disgust, looking at you as if it's you who holds her life in her hands. A sinner.

      "His only children in this life will be mine!" And with that she swipes her claw against your stomach and up your chest, your eyes widening as you fall to the floor, shock filling you with so much adrenaline you can't feel the pain. All you see is him, running and screaming as the orchid mantis opens her arms wide, a smile on her face as she waits. His sword slices her clean in half, and hacks at her until she's unrecognizable with a speed one can only assume is fueled by grief. You can't even turn away, looking into his eyes as he abandons his sword and scoops you into his arms, wet sobs racking his body.

      "No, please, I just got you back. The Princess rescinded our engagement! We were supposed to marry!" He screams and a small smile finds its way to your face, feeling the strength slowly leaving your body. At least you are here. With him.

      "Taehidwen, I love you. Don't worry my love, in our next life, we will rule the skies and...love until we molt." You cough as you feel your lungs quit, his hand the last thing you feel as your eyes close, the pain and any form of thought ceasing to be within a second.

       "No!" You sit up and scream, looking at your surroundings, your room, and feel a sense of relief wash over you. However it disappears and you're left with the memories. Your first dream of Taehyung, not Taehyo. Of the children who would never grow. And Dr. Lee's face glaring as she, he, killed you. You don't sob, but you feel the tears fall. It's unlike any pain you've felt after a dream. You died. It's not something to gloss over, it can't be glossed over. You were ripped from Heaven before you could even imagine what the gates would look like.

       "Oh my god, you're awake! Finally, dude, you've been sleeping all day. Be glad Taehyung gave you the day off." Yoongi groans and huffs onto your bed, sitting beside you, before fully realizing you'd been crying. His eyes scrunch.

       "What happened after I went to the clinic?" You ask and Yoongi tilts his head in confusion, shrugging. He doesn't want you to feel worse, but his shrug only makes you feel wrong.

     "Uhh, well you came back to the office a little angry, and Taehyung sent you home for being too distracted, and he gave you a sick leave. You came home and took a nap, and then that nap ended now, finally." He chuckles and you look down at your hands, and then look at your back where wings would've been had you been in your dream. They were beautiful. A creme color, the cubitus spreading throughout the wing a brown you couldn't quite get out of your head.

       "Yoongi, I was dreaming. The entire time. Was I sleep-walking?" You ask and Yoongi widens his eyes, standing.

      "That entire time? The thirteen hours that have passed , you've been dreaming? Did the doctor say anything about that?" He asks and you shake your head, rolling your eyes.

       "Yeah, a bunch of bullshit. I know I said I didn't want to listen to your kooky friend but give me Seokjin's number. He's my last effort to getting at semblance of answers." You hand your phone over, fishing for it from the blankets and he nods, pulling his phone out and copying it over. You send a text immediately, finally being fucking done with the questioning. You needed answers, now.