Chapter 1

ABANDONED WAREHOUSE, NEW YORK

3RD PERSON

(TRIGGER WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SCENE WILL MENTION GRAPHIC VIOLENCE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)

The man was tied down to my chair, his wrists bruised and cut from the tight ropes that trapped him. His nostrils burned from the venomous air that tickled his nose.Tiny droplets dripped from the ceiling soaking his hair, he let out muffled groans; his body was bruised like a peach and was black & blue from head to toe and slowly he could feel his life slowly drain out from him, inch by inch.

'Why did I get caught by them? Of all people I had to fall into their hands didn't I?' he thought. He mentally cursed himself and fate for putting himself in this situation.

He felt someone whack his head and he turned his attention to them. The man had a wide grin on his face. His face flushed from the heat and terror as he gripped on to the old chair like a vice.

He knew the capo would probably be coming in to grace the room with his presence. He wasn't too worried about that though.

(A/N: Capo is the term used to describe the leader/head. )

(See note 1. It's located at the end of the chapter.)

" It's your unlucky day. The capo isn't coming in, the underboss is."

(TRIGGER WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SCENE WILL MENTION GRAPHIC VIOLENCE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)

AADHI

Shrills filled the room as I plunged my knife deep in to his arm. The blade tore through his skin, blood seeping out fast as his head swung back behind him, his lips letting out shrills that came deep from his soul.

I wasn’t only making him bleed physically.

I wasn’t only scarring him physically.

I scarred his soul and that was more than enough.

I tore the knife away from him and chucked the knife on to the tray beside me. I gave him a few moments to gain control of himself as I brainstormed quietly. I was slumped across my chair and I gazed down at my bruised knuckles and gently stroked them. My ears buzzed with the pitter patter of the blood that dripped from my beloved Bentley.

I was livid. It was practically palpable and I guess he was experiencing it first hand, not like he didn’t deserve to.

I was a monster and I knew it but he-

He was a demon. A demon that deserved pain.

My mind flickers back and forth between different memories, my hands clenched into fists beside me, my breathing had become ragged and without a moment of hesitation, I swung at him, hard and fast.

His chair toppled over and he crashed with a loud bang which was accompanied by a loud moan of pain. He was trying to curl into a ball but was failing due to the tight ropes that restrained him. I bent over and pulled him up with one hand.