Rescue Aftermath

The roar of the helicopter was deafening in the metal machine. Even with the headset that covered your ears and static radio crackling through the speakers couldn't drown out the hideous noise. You were leaning against Wesker's arm. Not finding the strength to sit up straight after what you went through. Even if you didn't see many zombies or were in that much danger, it was the potential behind the outbreak. Knowing what could have gone down. After seeing it all unfold on tv in other cities, only for it to happen just outside your home. You felt exhausted. Like the fear you had felt during your time on the ground had drained you.

Wesker was a statue beside you. Keeping his hand gently on your knee. Offering what little comfort he could give by resting his gloved hand there. As if to keep you beside him.

In his other hand, he held his phone and you watched as the screen flicked between emails and messages. Reports of survivors and the number of outbreaks that his teams had eradicated. You tried not to read it. But the words;
Retreat. Too many casualties. Quarantine breached. Mutated B.O.W's sighted.

It was all keeping you on edge. You didn't want to imagine the type of carnage that was happening on the ground, just outside your home.

Then you felt the helicopter begin to descend. The sudden motion made you grip Wesker's arm, and he soothed you with a gentle rub of his thumb against your knee. You looked up at him as he turned his head away from his phone.

"It's alright. We're here." He said. And the helicopter landed with a jolt and the engines were cut off, allowing the thunderous whirling to cease into quiet.

"Where are we?" You asked. Leaning away from Wesker as he stood from his seat and pulled on the door. It slid open smoothly, and Wesker stepped out onto a concrete platform. He turned and offered you his hand. And you took it as you climbed out of the helicopter. Taking a moment to look around as Wesker slammed the door shut on the machine. It looked like a campus. Possibly an Umbrella campus of some sort. A cluster of large buildings that were surrounded by a high concrete fence. You glimpsed guards posted in watch towers and a heavy, chain link gate, set at the front of the facility.

"We're somewhere safe." Wesker said. His hand slid down to the small of your back, and he gently guided you off the landing platform and into the adjacent building. To you, it looked like a large office building. Through the doors, you were led past an empty receptionist desk. However, the room had armed officers by each of the doors. Their faces were covered behind tinted riot helmets and the matching gear bore the Umbrella symbol. Wesker walked past each of them without acknowledging their presence. And at each door, Wesker had to flash an ID card across a small lit up pad. And then, as you were led into a main structure, the ID scanner glowed green, but a small device poked out from the wall, directed towards Wesker.

Without taking his hand from your back, Wesker removed his sunglasses and lined his right eye with the lens of the scanner. A moment later, the scanner retracted back into the wall, and the heavy set doors opened up into an elevator. You stepped inside and Wesker pressed a button at the top of the selection. Indicating that you were being taken to the highest point in the building. The amount of security in this building eased some part of your rattled self. The amount of armed forces and heavy set windows would hold back even a city sized horde of infected.

"You will be staying in my suite until the outbreak is under control." Wesker informed you as he slid his sunglasses back over his eyes. "This is the safest place for you. I promise."

You nodded. Watching the numbers at the top of the door reach its final destination and the elevator slid open. Revealing a luxurious living room with wide windows and a large couch facing a massive tv. The suite was possibly bigger than your entire house. And the tiles were so spotless you were almost afraid to step on them.