Chapter 2: Ditching Class

→→ Stephannia Ruex ←←

*buzz buzz

I reach my arm out towards my bedside table to press the snooze button on my alarm clack. Ugh... Why does it have to be Monday? Where the heck is it? I continue reaching out before I realize I'm rolling towards the floor.

6:17 am

Stupid.. I sit up and rub my eyes stretching my arms as I stand up from the floor. I throw my duvet back on my bed before heading to my walk in closet.

What shoud I wear today..? I eye my clothes and the clothes Grandma bought me last week from Paris. Pulling out a white long sleeve blouse with a gold-studded collar, a black leather jacket, black ripped jeans and underwear.

6:34 am

More time to shower, I smirk to myself as I turn on the shower stripping off my clothes. I shampoo and condition my hair with my vanilla shampoo and conditioner. I rub my mint and vanilla soap on my skin before rinsing off and wrapping my body with my white fluffy towel.

6:58 am

Suprisingly, I finished my shower earlier by 11 minutes. I dry my hair with my blower before putting my outfit on. I run my hands through my hair somewhat brushing it. I apply foundation, mascara, eyeliner and lipstick spraying on some perfume.

"Miss Steph, your grandmother is calling for you!"

I sigh before getting out of my bathroom. Wait.. I run back in quickly brushing my teeth before running back out to place my phone and earphones in my bag.

How can I forget to brush my teeth? Tch. I mentally slap myself. Pumps? High tops? Studded? Flats? Hell no. Boots? Too lazy.. I slip on black studded high top wedged trainers.

~

I close the door behind me and place my bag on one shoulder as I walk down the hallway with an expressionless face. The maids and butlers greet me enthusiastically as I pass them by.

What the hell is going on?

I don't greet them back and just make my way to the dining hall. Two men in black suits with the crest and symbol of our family mafia, The Crimson Eye Syndicate, opens the door for me and I see the familiar faces of the family that I have left, my brother Damian, my grandfather and my grandmother. I slightly bow my head to them before sitting across my brother.

The maids poured me my usual black coffee and placed waffles with whipped cream along with a few berries on my plate. I pick at my food lightly before eating a berry.

"Good morning, sis." Damian smiles softly at me before continuing to eat

"Good morning, Steffy." My grandmother does the same

My grandfather looks at me the same way he always had. He looked at me sternly and coldly nodding as if greeting me and I nod back. He and Damian never really "talked" unless it was something about the mafia. Only he and Damian normally talked while grandmother and I did.

We, then, proceeded to eat in silence. I haven't even eaten half of a piece of my waffles before I decided to stand up and leave. Nobody protested really. They were used to it. Nobody in this big empty house, in my opinion, cared about my whereabouts. I didn't care anyways.

I whistled lowly and Jean, the main butler of the household, comes immidiately and I raise a brow at him.

"Yes, Mistress. It will be there as usual." He bows deeply before going off

Jean knew what I was talking about ever since the day I asked him to do something for me. I get in the family limousine and the driver proceeds to drive me to school.