Chapter 3: Talk or Talk

→→ Stephannia Ruex ←←

It has been a few days since the little lecture Damian gave me. I called in "sick" as I don't feel like going to school today. I am in my room sketching past memories of what I remember. I was awake since 3am.

6:21 am

I stopped sketching and headed to my bathroom for a quick shower. I put on my usual all black outfit consisted of a black hoodie, black skinny jeans and black vans. I braided my hair and went down.

8:02 am

I read a book as I lay flat on my stomach, eating a slice of apple every now and then. The mansion was unusually quiet today. It was bothering me and I was getting pretty much bored.

The butlers and the guards and heck, even the maids weren't here. Did my grandparents fire all of them or something? I close my book and finish the last of my apple before standing up. Something is up and I know it because the last time the mansion was THIS quiet was when they set Da-- F**k! Are they setting me up with someone?! No way.

I go up into my room and grab my laptop. I hack into our security system and try to see if my grandparents and brother are here.

~

They are...

They're all at the headquarters looking through boys! Ugh... I won't let them have their way. I shut down all the power supply at headquarters and reset all the passwords to my liking. I won't let you guys decide my life for me.

→→ Damian Kylix ←←

My grandparents and I along with the rest of the family staff are cooped up in the headquarters of the Crimson Eye Syndicate to find a possible love life for my little sister, Steph that was until the power suddenly shut down. I mean how could the power shut down when we own 3 plan--

"STEPH!" I state through gritted teeth

She hacked through our security system! I waited for the power to come back which was around 10 minutes later and I punched the password on the doors which was obviously reset by my one and only little sister. I fished my phone from my pocket and texted her to tell me the password.

It was probably 5 hours later when she texted back. I am furious. I barge into her room and see her hacking into the black market this time. I close her laptop and pull her out of the room. I drag her to the headquarters and make her sit on a chair.

"Everyone except for my grandparents, OUT!" I yell

2:11 pm

I was still mad and I can see that my grandparents are too. Can't she see that we're only what's best for her?

'Obviously not. How can putting me in an arranged marriage be the best for me?'

She rolls her eyes as if reading my mind.

'It is easy for me to read people, Damian.'

"Look, just shut up and stop with your sarcastic remarks for a bit!" I yell

"Damian, calm down." My grandfather places a hand on my shoulder

"I can't! With the gang war coming up and our enemies increasi--"

I stand up. Shocked.

"Wh-what.. D-did... Y-you... S-say?" I hear her say

My grandparents bore the same look I had. Heck, even I myself was shocked with what she did. Usually, I didn't care about these things, but my grandfather is stepping down from his position as King Of Gangsters and the only possible heirs are me or Steph and everyone is targeting to kill her to affect me.