About a Girl

"Okay. I know neither of us are looking forward to this, but let's try to enjoy ourselves. It's still a spectacular event."

A lean girl with teal-colored hair gazed at herself in a mirror as she addressed the young lady sitting on a couch behind her. She worked at tying her hair into two twin-tails, marking a signature appearance that everyone around town recognized her for. Both of the girls wore dresses that were just the right amount of fancy for the party they would be attending.

The fashionable young women were hosting an annual get together in their mansion. The party would unite all local musicians, both popular and up and coming, giving them the chance to network and exchange ideas. The two hostesses happened to be among the most popular singers around, so everyone who received an invitation was bound to show up. Meeting them would be a tremendous honor.

"Well, Rin, I think I'm ready to head out there. How about you?" the twin-tailed singer turned away from the mirror.

"I'm good to go! I think," Rin stood up as the other hostess approached her.

"This isn't going to be too much for you, is it? I know I tasked you with an awful lot to accomplish..."

"It's fine! I've been studying for weeks. I would never neglect the opportunity to be Hatsune Miku's personal assistant!"

"You're adorable," the girl named Miku giggled before planting a kiss on Rin's right cheek. "I really appreciate you doing this for me. I'd be so lost without you."

"Right back at ya," Rin giggled. "Now let's get out there and start this party!"

Miku and Rin fully expected a heavy turnout, and sure enough, their expectations were more than met. A blue-haired man and brunette woman greeted the guests as they came in through the front entrance, approving invitations upon seeing them. There were several uninvited folks who tried to sneak into the party or present forged invitations, but they were quickly turned away.

Throughout the ground floor, tables, chairs, and party decorations could be seen in every corner. Long banquet tables were stocked with different kinds of food, various genres of music were playing through loudspeakers on the walls, and a blonde boy around Rin's age offered numerous guests drinks and finger foods from a tray. The atmosphere greeted all the attendees with a warm welcome.

When Miku and Rin joined the party, they took it upon themselves to speak with all of the guests that were deemed "people of interest." They stayed close to one another and meandered through the main hall, eyeing everyone they saw. When they spotted a tall man in a fancy white vest, Rin leaned in to whisper something in Miku's ear.

"Big Al. Power household. Possibly dating Sweet Ann."

Once she received this information, Miku approached the man in question and presented herself with a bow.

"Al, it is so good to see you! Is Ann here with you?"

Many of Miku's interactions with her guests followed the same pattern. Prior to the event, Rin heavily researched the available information on everyone who received an invitation. This way, Miku would be able to seem genuine in her interactions with them. At her level of fame, she had little time to get to know people.

"Hey bro, where's the food? I'm starving over here!" the rambunctious voice of a rebellious girl attracted the attention of a few people standing nearby. Unlike the others, she was not well-dressed in the slightest. She had short purplish hair with a ripped up sweater and shorts on. Miku took particular interest in this girl.

"Flower, Gynoid household. Specializes in punk rock music and fashion. Getting very popular," Rin whispered.

"I see. Let's go have a word with her for ourselves."