What a Monk... (Chichiri x Reader)

"Miaka, you can't go to the shrine on your own!" Hotohori, or the Emperor of Konan, shouted. Everyone nodded thier head. Being a helper of the Suzaku seven, you were present at this little argument. Tamahome, Nuriko, Taski, Mitsukake, Chiriko and Chichiri were present too.

"But why not? There's nothing dangerous there!" Miaka, the preistess of Suzaku, argued back. It was forever going back and forth and you were slightly getting sick of it. Sighing, you walked off quietly, not caring much about a little shrine. Little did you know, a specific monk was following you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You entered your room and layed on the bed.

"So exhausted..."

"Well, then you better sleep, you know?" You sat up straight and looked at Chichiri surprised. His ever smiling mask was still upon his face, hiding his scar on the left eye. That dreadful scar held something that only Miaka knew about. Something personal, and you always wondered why he'd hide it...

"Oh, it's you, Chichiri.... What are you doing in my room?" You asked, tilting your head. The monk blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck, the other gripping his staff.

"Well, you left early and I thought I would see what's up, you know?" he smiled sheepishly. Nodding your head in understanding, you layed back down on the bed, "Is something wrong, (y/n)? It's nice to talk about your problems with others, you know?" He sat at the foot of your bed, smiling slightly. It was one of the many killer smiles he'd throw your way. It's true. You liked Chichiri, ever since you started helping Miaka find the warriors of Suzaku... But you were just a girl! Yes, a girl with a powerful life force, but you did nothing important to the team. At least, that's what you'd think.

"Nothing's wrong, Chichiri... I'm just a little bored, that's all..." you gave him a reassuring smile. Chichiri sighed, suddenly hugging you. Blinking in surprise, you weren't sure whether to hug back or to just sit there.

"I know that's not it, you know... I can tell when you're lying," He said, pulling you closer. Your face turned to a complete red, "Tell me what's wrong?" Chichiri asked, pulling away and you saw a slight frown come across his face.

"I-I can't, Chichiri...." You looked down at your hands, "It's nothing I want to say... it's a little embarrassing..." you turned away from him, hiding your blush. The monk sighed once more and placed a hand on your right cheek, caressing it with his thumb gently. Turning your head to look at him, you noticed how close you two were, and that his mask was gone. You saw his red good eye look over your face, a small fire seemed to burn in the black depths. You looked at his scar and slowly, you reached up to run your fingers over it and down his cheek, but he pulled away suddenly, the hand that was on your cheek fell to the mattress quickly, "How did you get it.... the scar, I mean..."

"My...." he said after a while of silence, taking a deep breath, "My Fiance, and my freind.... they were the only family I had. But I found out that she was with my freind at times, you know? And.... I don't know what happened! It seemed like I lost all control, I was so angry and I couldn't stop myself, you know?! I....." he paused, tears welling up in his eye, "I.... I killed them...." he rested his elbows on his knees, head in hands, "I have this scar to remind me everyday... of the horrible thing I've done, you know?"

"Ch-Chichiri..." You were shocked. Such a happy person could do something like that?

"I'm sorry for troubling you.... I guess you wouldn't want to talk to a murderer, you know..." He went to stand up, but you reached out and pulled him back onto the bed.

"No! That's not true! You're not a murderer, Chichiri.... You're one of the Suzaku seven, a monk that protects everyone as best as he can, the man that I love!" Gasping, your hands flew up to your mouth and eyes widened. It slipped out... there was nothing to do now... Chichiri looked as surprised as you, "I... I'm so sorry.... I shouldn't have said that...." You blushed bright red. You waited for the rejection... the sinking of your heart, the worst thing ever to come out of anyone's mouth. You closed your eyes, bracing for what you thought was to come.

"(y/n).... I love you too... you know?" Strong arms wrapped around you, pulling you close to a warm figure. Eyes snapping open, you looked up at the monk, "I never thought that you'd like me in return, you know... I was a bit too scared to say anything, cause I didn't want to push you away, you know..." He slightly smiled, resting his forehead on yours, the few strands of hair that sprouted from his head tickled the top of your head. Before you knew it, a pair of soft, warm and slightly wet lips were pressed against yours. You couldn't believe it! Chichiri was KISSING you! Hesitating, your arms snaked around his shoulders, deepening the kiss. For a little while, you two had to pull away for breath, smiling and blushing.

"I love you, you know?" Chichiri chuckled. You kissed his scar and nodded.

"Yeah, I know...."