Chapter 5

Shannon's POV

I heard a beeping sound coming from beside me and I felt something in my veins. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't I don't know why but I couldn't. Until, I heard a familiar sob coming from the door . I know that cry I held the person that was crying before when she had her first heart break, her first shift, her first sight of love.

" B...b...Bre." I said groggily/hoarse.

" Yes I'm here baby girl I'm here, open your eyes so I can see those colorful eyes of yours." she said in a motherly tone.

I giggled at her trying to sound like a mom but deep down she kinda raised me.

" You know if I would I could but I can't I can't even move sis."

" Well let me go tell the doc your awake." she said while she was walking out the room.

After she left the room a laid there motionless in the hospital bed and I told myself that I was strong enough to open my eyes and move my bad over and over and over again. It took me about 15 minutes to move my fingers and my eyebrow and before I know it I'm blinded by the lite in the room. I picked my arm up and covered my eyes.

" Wait a second". I said out loud. " I just moves my arms!!" I screamed and covered my mouth so the doctors won't think I'm about to die.

A few minutes later the doctor came in and told me that I was out for 2 weeks but they said I was strong enough to go home and that I'm getting released in a few moments. And she wasn't lying because right after she said that I was out the door and on my way back home.

" Oh lord, be prepared for the hollering and the beatings im going to get when I get home." I thought as fear over came my body as we grew closer and closer to the house that I call home.