Not So Golden.

Jungkook was still getting over the flu.  He was still dealing with a low grade fever and his body was beyond exhausted. He'd had to sit out the last few dance practices, even though he protested that he'd be alright. Hobi wouldn't let him participate, telling the youngest that his body would never recover if he kept constantly trying to overwork himself.

His hyungs were doing a great job at taking care of him. At home they were constantly cooking him his favorite soups or getting him some tea or medicine. He owed a lot of his somewhat fast recovery to how well his hyungs had been at making sure he was alright.

The busy week had finally come to an end and the members had the night to themselves. They decided to all watch a movie together when Jimin could still see how exhausted the maknae looked.

"You should call it an early night and get some rest," Jimin told Jungkook as everyone else was getting in their pajamas and making popcorn for movie night.

"But I want to stay up with you guys," Jungkook pouted.

"Jungkookie, Jimin is right, it's best you get all the rest you can. Don't you want to get well?" Yoongi told the maknae. "There will be plenty of movie nights." Yoongi ruffled Jungkook's hair.

"I suppose you're right, I am pretty exhausted still," Jungkook replied. Taehyung strolled over and asked Jungkook if he wanted some medicinal tea before he went to bed but Jungkook said he was ready to just go sleep.

"Alright, well, let hyungies know if you need anything." Taehyung wrapped Jungkook in a tight hug and could feel the warmth radiating off his body. He felt terrible that the boy still had a small fever. He just wanted him to start feeling better.

"Goodnight, Jungkook-ah!" Hobi said as he too came over and hugged Jungkook. Soon all of the hyungs were hugging the maknae goodnight before he strolled into his room and curled up in bed.

While Jungkook was curled up in bed trying to fall asleep, Jin came in and turned the light on.

"One more thing, Kook," Jin said as he walked over and placed his RJ stuffed animal in the bed beside the youngest. "Just so you don't get too lonely."

Jungkook couldn't help but smile. Jin always had the smallest but most loving gestures. "Thanks, hyung. I love you."

Jin caressed Jungkook's cheek lightly. "I love you too, bunny. Try to feel better in the morning for us, yeah?"

"I'll do my best," Jungkook chuckled. Jin said goodnight one more time before leaving the room and turning the light back off. Jungkook grabbed RJ and pulled him in close to cuddle him. As he tried to fall asleep, he found himself tossing and turning unable to fall asleep. His stomach was hurting and on top of that, he could hear his hyungs talking and laughing in the living room and it was making him start to feel really left out. He knew he needed rest but he decided to see if his hyungs would let him rest in the living room while they watched their movie. At least so he didn't feel so alone.

He grabbed RJ and left his room making his way down to the living room where his hyungs were. He stopped when he heard Hobi say the word "Maknae."

Maknae? That's me. I'm the maknae.

He decided to stop at the end of the hall and stay hidden around the corner to eavesdrop on what his hyungs had to say about him.

"He's literally the worst maknae I've ever seen," Yoongi scoffed.

Jungkook felt his heart sink to his stomach.

Oh?

"I can't stand him," Taehyung added. Jungkook felt his heart sink even lower. He clutched RJ tightly to his chest and squeezed it to try and comfort himself.