Chapter 22: A clouded Sky.

My skull throbbed horribly, it felt like a woodpecker was playing maracas inside. My eyes closed and I let out a cry of pain mixed with tears. I dared not move or speak.

"By Merlin's beard, Isabelle!"

I heard footsteps rushing towards me. I opened my eyes, the light assaulted me and made me close them again. Everything was foggy. Everything was spinning, I caught a glimpse of faces and then hands grabbed me. I opened my eyes again and discovered eight boys instead of four. Did I know so many people? Was I close to that many people? The worried amber gaze ran a hand over my skull.

"She's not bleeding.
- Remus, help me up..." I asked, certain that the voice was that of my study partner.

He sat me down and I winced, my whole-body aching. Everything kept ringing and blurring. Alice came in and gave a high-pitched scream. I winced as they began to bicker beside me. Remus still holding me tightly.

"What have you done?!
- Nothing!" James protested.
"Look at her! Don't tell me nothing!
- I accio my blanket and...
- But you idiots! You're all so stupid! She was bringing it back!"

I felt my friend's cool hand on my forehead, she... Her image was spinning. It was spinning much too fast. From left to right. I was trying to find the words in English to convey what I wanted to say... The sensation was beginning to take hold of me more and more, insidious, unpleasant, burning my heart.

"You dropped it! Besides, James, it was your idea!
- I didn't want her to crack her skull!
- I'm... I'm going to... Vomit..." I finally said.

Remus pushed everyone off without delay, wrapping his arms around my legs and torso to open the first toilet in his path. He set me down with a gentleness that was only marred by the unpleasant sensation that spread through my body and that I struggled not to vomit immediately. He held my hair, clearing my face.

"I'm here..."

He rubbed my back as I returned the contents of my stomach. I really didn't feel well. With tears in my eyes from the acid, I tried to focus on the cold touch of the toilet wall, huffing and puffing as I couldn't.

"Remus... I don't feel good at all..."

He gently wiped my face, helping me rinse my mouth before carrying me back in. I didn't even protest, my nausea continuing to creep up on me, a pernicious feeling.

"I'm taking you to the infirmary. Get out of my way!"

He pulled the boys away again, I tried to look at a fixed point but everything kept spinning and Remus's movements were of little help. I clung to Remus's jumper, engulfing myself in the smell of chocolate and old books.

"I got you, Izzy. Don't worry, you'll be fine.
- Rem..."

I rested my head properly against his chest, unable to formulate my thoughts properly. I heard familiar voices, Remus held me tighter to him, quickening his pace. Why was this castle so big... I needed fresh air... Wind on my face. I needed something fresh. I needed to be free... Wind. Please. Remus set me down, I opened my eyes and reached out for him.

"Reste..." [ Stay...]

He took it, I shook it immediately as Madam Pomfrey examined my head, I winced and saw Sirius in a panic behind Remus, holding the plaid. James and Peter were talking loudly to the nurse, Alice too. They were talking too fast, back and forth as she tried to reassure them. Sirius came up to me and whispered guiltily.

"I'm sorry...
- Quoi... ?" [What...?]

I frowned as I tried to really focus on him. The sensations and the dizziness were bothering me more than I cared to admit. His eyes opened wide before turning to the nurse.