Chapter Forty Three

Elle's POV

I was standing outside of this frat house with Grace and Hoseok. I wondered how anything could go wrong. How beautiful the world is and here I am depressed as fuck, standing somewhere that I clearly don't want to be. Grace said it will take my mind of everything that's been going on. I'm hoping she's right.

I don't know why I expected anything different. I slid my heart across the table like it were a loaded gun, and Jimin blew a hole right through me with my own weapon. I've only my sheer stupidity to blame. I was so naïve to think it could have ever worked - that we conquered something so spectacular - that it existed at all.

"There is a beer inside with your name on it, lets go" Hoseok smiles grabbing both Grace and I's hand and drags us into the party.

My mum and I have met up a few times and she's been wondering why I am not staying at Jimins and why I am at Graces.

I guess Jimin told her that the place needed rewiring but deep down I felt like she knew what was going on. Mom is an expert when it comes to crash landing a relationship. And when she boards that plane for California, I plan on being right there with her. This entire semester was a waste. I got an education I never bargained for - never wanted.

"Here" Grace hands me a beer

"Well hello there" I feel an arm place around my shoulders. I glance up and its Seokjin.

"Hey, haven't seen you in forever how are you?" I ask, hugging him

"Doing good, yeah, heard about you and Jimin"

I shrug "Is it over?" he asks

I nod "Think so"

He rubs my arm

"I better take off, I see a skirt with my name on it" He whispers then disappears

Its only then I notice that Grace is gone too.

I glance up, and a familiar-looking Adonis lights up the room from across the way.

He's here. He's coming in this direction, and everything in me wants to run but my body solidifies. The room warps, the music drags, and I feel-lightheaded as if I might pass out, right on the spot.

I spin around and look for someone to talk to anybody and there she is - Mary. I'd like to "talk" to her all right, with the working end of a sawed off shotgun. On second thought, she wasn't too far off the mark. In fact, she was dead-on the bull's-eye – Jimin was never that into me.

I take off into the crowd.

A swarm of girls coo as he fast approaches, and an entire demonic chant breaks out offering homage to Professor Park.

"He's got a rash on his balls the size of Wyoming," I say, moving swiftly past their circle.

"Ellie," he shouts over the music, but I pretend not to hear. Stupidly, I land myself in a corner near the refreshment table laden with an emphasis on booze and hard liquor. Something tells me I'll need all the liquor I can get my hands on to wash this entire night - semester out of my memory, at least temporarily.

Grace was wrong. This stupid party is the last place I "need" to be.

I spin toward the door and bump into a brick wall of a chest.

He's wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, my all-time favourite combo. He's got a baseball cap pulled low over his head, and his dimples invert into twin black pools.

"Vodka soda?" Jimin gives a playful smile

"I believe what you really want to ask is, in or out." I peg him with a hard look because he's never getting "in" again. "We both know damn well your only goal in life is getting laid. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding an entire herd of girls willing to give it up for you." And most of those at the same time.