Chapter Five

Katie was sick today, so I walked to school alone. I was listening to the latest Miley Cyrus song on my phone, when suddenly the lyrics started to bore me. I remembered how Max told me his favourite band was Megadeath. Well, I guess it can't be that bad. I searched up a Megadeath song on YouTube... Oh god it was horrible, how could people even listen to that loud music? Well I did kinda like the beat. In fact, it was kinda catchy. Wow it was actually pretty good. Of course, I'd never give Max the satisfactory of knowing I thought so.

When I got to school, I went straight to my locker to get a textbook and cram for the english final. When suddenly, someone appeared in the corner of my eye. Max. "So tell me about this friend of yours, who's 'crushing' on me? What's her name?", "She'd rather me not say. However, I do happen to know she'd love to go to the dance with you,". "Well then, you can tell her to meet me at the gazebo after school on Friday,"

"But you don't even know who she is,"

"Oh, I think I have a pretty good idea,".

He winked, then walked away. Well that was weird. However, before I could even process the conversation, the bell rang. Shit. There goes my last minute studying. Anyway, it's just english, I mean I speak it everyday, how hard could it possible be?

I walked into Mrs. Cutrara's room feeling pretty confident, but when she handed out the papers, my mind went blank. Before I knew it, the bell rang, "Please place your papers on my desk on your way out,". Oh no. I realized I had only filled out just over half of the test. I tried to think of something, but it was no use. I had to hand in an incomplete test. Well, assuming I got all those questions right, I would at least pass... right?