Three

1998~
Liam Payne

"My bed now". I chuckle. Of coarse I wanted a bed next to Tahan, I want to gain more of a friendship with her, I think. I'm just sick and tired of her being the only person in school who doesn't like me, it makes her different from everyone else, a good difference in a way as she doesn't pretend to be my best friend just because I'm popular. I want to see that if I be nice to her and be myself without my 'cocky' friends, as she says, then I wonder if she'll like me. Since we have a week in this mud land then I'm sure I'll be able to at least get her to show some kind of respect for me, I hope.

She looks at me awkwardly before beginning to unpack items from her suitcase before scattering them across her bed. I do the same. Afterwards I roll my suitcase under my bed before flopping down on my bed.

"We don't have time to sleep Mr Payne, we have a full day set and planned of fun activities!" Mrs Findley remarks.

I opens one eye before sighing and getting up. "So much for a relaxing holiday." I say walking past Tahan to go over to Louis. I hear her chuckle which makes me smile.

"Lou, mate, do you wanna go exploring around camp or something?" I ask him, putting my hands in my jeans pockets. Of course he's talking to Kendall.

"So then, I ran out of the toilet after being attacked and that is in fact why I have a phobia of pigeons." Louis finishes his story which makes Kendall go in a fit of laughter.

"Wow, that's one way to go to the toilet!" Kendall says in between laughs. Louis laughs along with her.

"Lou?" I ask again but get no response. I sigh before turning on my heel and walk back to my bed where Tahan has finished unpacking.

"Couldn't get his attention could you?" Tahan smirks when she sees me return without Louis.

"Well.. No" I laugh shaking my head. "Going over there is like walking into their own world. They're so careless of everything apart from themselves"

Tahan smiles, glancing over at Kendall. "I'm so happy for her. She's liked him for months now."

"Really? Louis has liked her for years." I respond.

"Even when he went out with Eleanor Calder?"
Tahan asks. Eleanor was basically a jock for a girl. She managed to get along with everyone, and always find a way to have a good time. Louis dated her for about a month, sure he liked Eleanor, but he's always had eyes for Kendall. I don't know why he's been waiting all this time to tell her, especially since she likes him back.

"Oh yeah, I mean, he liked her. But it's always been Kendall in his life." I think.

Tahan nods and it becomes quiet. I feel myself just staring at her constantly. I can't seem to help it.

"Okay come on everyone! Activities start now! Get a partner and follow me." Mrs Findley returns to say.

"Partner?" I wink at Tahan and she blushes before accepting my stupid 5 year old question.

***

"Welcome to canoeing!" A middle aged women greets us. Our crowd doesn't say anything, which seems to have put the camp instructor in an awkward situation. She quickly shakes it off, letting out a light chuckle before continuing. "My name is Lisa, I've been instructing this canoeing activity at this campsite for over 10 years. In those years, nothing bad or dangerous has happened, so let's keep it that way"

I look down to see Tahan staring straight into Lisa's eyes, obviously giving her full attention. I smile. She's always been the good student who aces her classes, I unfortunately don't have that talent of paying attention all the time. I shift my gaze back to Lisa, I don't really want to miss anything important. I've never been canoeing before so hopefully nothing horrible goes wrong. Lisa briefly goes over the safety instructions and rules.