Chapter 20 - Apocalypse

(4385 - 20 minutes)

Kirishima POV

I was going to tease Bakugou when I saw him leaving Yin's room so late but I managed to catch his expression before he slammed his door shut.

I stand there, confused, for a moment. He left Yin's door open so I poked my head through to see her sitting on her bed and looking puzzled. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask softly, walking in and closing the door behind me.

"I-" She looks at me, still baffled. "I don't know." She says.

I walk over to her, sit beside her, and place my hand on her knee. "What happened?" I ask.

"I don't know." She cries and then leans her head on my chest. "I woke up to hear him thinking about how I don't like him and then when I reassured him that I do like him, he said he couldn't do it and walked out." She explains, her voice cracking as she does.

"Hey, it's okay," I say, wrapping my arms around her. "Bakugou's insecurities and pride can really fuck him up."

She pulls away. "But what is his stupid pride and insecurities stopping him from doing?!" She asks me. "You're his best friend, shouldn't you know?!" She looks at me hopefully.

I sigh. "It's not my place to say, Yin, I'm sorry."

"Well, that fucking sucks." She sniffles and lays her head on my chest once more. "Could you stay?" She asks me.

"For the night?" I verify.

She nods. "Just don't touch me up in my sleep and I'll be okay."

My eyes widen in shock. "What?! That would be unmanly for me to do. Never!" I reassure her.

She giggles before laying down and reaching out her hand for me. I lay next to her and hold her close to me. I stroke her hair. "I'll speak to him, okay?"

"Thank you." She whispers before going to sleep.

***

Yin's POV

I miss Tomura.

When I was sure Kirishima was sleeping, I sat up and started crying.

I thought I would be happy all the time since leaving there but I just miss him so much. It makes me want to go back to him, go back to the league, and go back to my old room and just stay there. It's so much simpler there. Now, I have to make decisions for myself, I have a best friend who can't say his feelings and leaves when he's upset.

And his best friend knows the answer to why he can't do something and won't even tell me. Like, I get privacy and stuff but it's still frustrating.

I sigh and grab my phone to see some messages between me and Camie I can't remember saying. I then see the message of me saying I'm Bakugou so I'm guessing Bakugou had a small conversation with her. I also realise, he could've figured out what she truly meant by orange juice.

*Messages from hours earlier*

Camie: so you like Bakugou?

Yin: Yep! He's amazing

Camie: are you two going to go on any other dates?

Yin: I hope so, this one we had done today was really fun and later we'll be watching a film!! I'm so excited!

Camie: so you really really really like Bakugou then??

Yin: ...Yeah?? I just said that, didn't I?

Camie: WE NEED A CODE NAME!

Yin: What?

Camie: what's your favourite drink?