Chapter 26 - Games & Questions

(3675 - 10 minutes)

Monday morning

Yin's POV

The drug didn't make me unconscious.

It paralysed me which was terrifying. It reminded me of the state I was in on my tenth birthday.

I knew what the tea would do. Well, I thought it would make me unconscious but it obviously didn't.

I didn't know what else to do. If I went back, everyone would hate me. If they kept me here against their will, no one can blame me for leaving, right?

I wanted to cry as Shigaraki stroked my hair as I lay on the uncomfortable bed while I was paralysed. It reminded me of when Shouta stroked my hair when Sir Nighteye died. That made me miss Shouta and wonder if he already knows if I'm gone, or that I've been in contact with the League and if he no longer sees me as a daughter because of it.

I wonder if the others have figured out I'm not there yet. I wonder if they hate me thinking I'd left them and purposely not come back. It wasn't exactly an accident, but still.

I lay there, staring at the wall with my back to Tomura thinking all of this.

I wonder what would Sir Nighteye think knowing all of this. Would he be disappointed that all he thought about me being kind and gentle was actually wrong? Or did he think that I was a cruel person from the beginning and tried manipulating me into thinking in kind so I wouldn't hurt anyone?

If that's the case, he failed because I hurt the person I loved the most, the person who saved my life, who never judged me because of my background. Oh, and I beat the shit out of my dad and I don't think that counts as being kind.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I quickly turn around, hitting the hand off of me in a panic. When I turn, I see Tomura staring at me wide-eyed.

His expression is gone and it's back to his neutral one in a matter of seconds. "Hungry yet?" He asks.

I'm starving, actually. I shake my head and turn back around.

He shifts uncomfortably on the chair next to my bed. "The League and I have something to do so we'll need someone to stay with you,"

Just as he's explaining, the door barges open. "It's me! No, it's not!" Twice says as he closes the door, walks over to me and stands by the bed.

"Twice will be taking care of you. I don't know how long we'll be gone for." He places his hand on my shoulder which makes me flinch, he notices but places a kiss on the top of my head anyway. "I'll see you later." He whispers, walking out of the room.

Twice sits on the chair and says nothing. He's probably staring at me intently, not knowing what else to do. "You're so boring! She's so much fun!" He yells.

I softly chuckle before turning around. "Why do you do that?" I ask.

"Do what? I'm not doing anything!"

Though he's a little too loud for my liking, I still laugh a little more. "You always disregard what you say in another voice, why?"

"D.I.D! There's nothing wrong with me!"

I nod slowly. "Good to know," and I turn back around.

"Ugh, don't be so boring! Play some games with me!" He exclaims.

I turn back around. "What games?"

"No games! We have card games!", He announces, standing up and walking out of the room. He comes back a minute later with cards in his hand.