"chapter 44"

After finally it got dark, and the guests were sent away, the small courtyard was finally restored to peace.

Pei Xia took care of Lucifer to rest, and then prepared to eat a fruit of life upgrade. Lucifer suddenly grabbed him, and one sentence made him dispel his thoughts: "I seem to feel the breath of the devil."

Pei Xia: "...!"

When you level up, you will be in a state of meditation. If the demon sneaks at this time, there is no way to deal with it in time.

Pei Xia had no choice but to put the upgrade to the back, and asked seriously, "Where is the devil's breath?"

"It's on the government's side." Lucifer seemed worried. "The demon this time is very special. He's not that kind of ordinary demon. He's the kind of...not easy to deal with, do you understand?"

Pei Xia shook his head like a rattle, and nodded hurriedly: "Although I don't know what kind of devil it is, my subordinates will definitely protect you!"

"Thank you, Peixia." Lucifer smiled.

Because there was a demon on his side, Pei Xia wanted to stay close, but Lucifer said he was too nervous, so he didn't have to.

Pei Xia thought about it for a while, and felt that he was overreacting, so he tried to relax himself, but he still felt that something was not right.

So, even though the yard was very spacious and there were many rooms, Pei Xia still insisted on resting in the same room as Lucifer.

"I'm going to talk to Buck and the others, and tell them to be careful too."

"Okay."

Pei Xia hurried out of the room, and just after talking to Buck and the others, someone came to report that she was the princess' maid.

Pei Xia hurriedly went downstairs to receive: "Hello, are you here to find Lord Saint Son?"

The maid shook her head and said, "I didn't come to see the Holy Son, I just brought gifts for Her Royal Highness."

It turned out that a few days ago, Princess Eva left first after seeing that the battle situation was stable here, but when she left, she thought of the day when Lucifer and Pei Xia came back, so she prepared a thank you gift in advance.

In the name of the princess of the Sumerian Agada Palace, I thank the Son and the Knights for their assistance.

"Your Highness is very kind."

The maid smiled and delivered the gift, saying, "His Royal Highness the Princess wanted to wait for the two to come back, but the Queen was too worried about her and was in a hurry, so Her Highness went back first. Please accept a little gift."

"I thank His Highness on behalf of the Holy Son, and please tell me."

"Don't worry, definitely."

At this time, Pei Xia put the gift away, but he was not happy, because he finally knew what was wrong.

So before the maid left, Pei Xia asked, "Excuse me, Prince Harry, is he still in the city of Atna?"

"Of course, His Royal Highness has always stayed here."

Pei Xia frowned.

With Prince Harry's attitude towards Lucifer, how could he not just visit him all day? It's not that he has to make a prince condescend, but this is so different from his past performance that Pei Xia has to care.

"Is His Royal Highness ill?"

"No." The maid showed a slightly hesitant expression and said, "It's just that Your Highness has been busy recently."