CHAPTER 17 : THE "EX"

I woke up to the low sound of snoring of Robert. I looked at the time from the side table, it's 6am. I do not plan to wake up Robert. I will go with Monica today to do some groceries. I tried to move slowly so that I won't wake up Robert. I slowly removed his arms from my waist, then turning to my right side. I tried to get up but suddenly I felt his hands hold my wrist.

"Hey, where do you think you are going?" – Robert said in his sexy but sleepy voice

"You know where, right? You heard Monica last night. We are going to do groceries today or else we will all starve to death!" – I answered as I turn to face him.

"I wanna go with you. I'll drive." – Robert

"No!" – Me

"Yes!" – Robert, again

"Nope!" – Me, again. Duh! This man is making me irritated. My voice seems to be louder this time.

"Ssshhh! You might wake Monica up! Come here!" – Robert said while hushing me and pulling me to him. I fell on his chest! Ugghh! I can smell his scent. It makes me giggle!

Robert pulled me and embrace me tight, not willing to let go. "Just 5 more minutes, okay?" Then he kissed me in the forehead.

"Happy Birthday, sweetie!" - I looked up to him and our eyes meet. I couldn't stand him staring deeply at me.

"Thank you, Robert!" – I answered smiling at him. I decided to pull away but I didn't win. He did not let go of me but instead, he pulled me back down then he kissed me on the lips. Just soft enough to enjoy the moment.

"I don't want to let you go. Can you just stay?" – Robert after the kiss.

"Oh my goodness! It won't take too long. Promise! I'll be back as soon as possible!" – God! Robert is like a 6 year old kid wanting his ice cream during breakfast!

I prepared breakfast and we all ate together. I asked Robert to stay and prep for today. Monica said that she arranged a small party later tonight at 6pm at the nearest resto bar. To tell you honestly, I don't have any idea about it!

Robert just gave up on asking me to come with us. I just asked him to do his stuff when we are away.

Monica and I drove to the grocery and bought some stuff for the house. I remembered Robert & grabbed 3 tubs of ice cream from the freezer. All of which are his favorites! I grabbed all 3 then turned around to walk towards Monica. I suddenly hit hard on someone's chest. I nearly let go of the tubs off my hands.

"Shit!" – I blurted out.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I wasn't watching coz I'm in a hurry! Let me help you... " – I was surprised when I look up and saw the face of the clumsy dude that I bumped into.

"Nathalie???" – Steve, my EX. Yeah, right! Steve the F*cker