Chapter 3

"A secret between just the two of us."

I was lured in by that irresistible phrase and agreed to keep my own daily observation journal of the residents.

Do they really do anything worth recording on paper, though? I don't get it.

I paid a little more attention to what they were up to as I went about my daily business.

"Hi, Yoongi. Would you like another cup of coffee?" - "No, not right now." - "Okay. Just let me know when you change your mind."

I quietly went to take away his cup away, careful not to interrupt his piano playing. But just then, Chan appeared.

"Yoongi. Mademoiselle. Will you eat these mararons?"

Mararons?

"...Do you mean macaron?" - "Yes, the mararons right here. I got them from a customer at the weapons shop."

Oh my god, Chan thinks they're called mararons?!

He held out a box containing rows of pastel-coloured macarons.

"They're so cute! And they look delicious. Are you sure we can have these?" - "Yes."

Chan smiled and nodded, but Yoongi didn't look impressed.

"Do you not like mararons, Yoongi?" - "...I never said that. (Y/n). I decided I will have that coffee now." - "Huh?" - "Anything to drink, really. Coffee, tea, Blanc, water, whatever. I don't like the way my mouth feels all dry when I eat crunchy foods like that." - "Oh, I know what you mean. Cookies do make you thirsty, huh?" - "Hm, so you don't particularly like them..."

He looks so disappointed...

The moment Chan started frowning, Yoongi stood up from his seat.

"Well, I don't HATE them. It'll be fine as long as I have something to drink with them. I was thinking of taking a break anyway." - "Oh, alright, then."

A relieved smile crossed Chan's face, and I felt relieved, too.

"I'll go get you two something to drink, then." - "Fetch something for yourself. too. You'd like some macarons too, don't you?" - "Are you sure? Alright, maybe I will take a break. Thanks!" - "Mm, these mararons smell awfully sweet." - "...Chan... macaron, MACARON, whatever. Just... please make sure you don't call them that in public..."

Haha... these two usually seem so aloof, but they actually get along pretty well.

Hm, I think I'll be able to include that in my notebook.

I quickly jotted down how Chan mistakenly called the cookies mararons, and how Yoongi had to have a drink in order to eat cookies.

I smiled to myself, thinking that Jisung would be happy to find this out.

----------

A few days later...

I went to Taehyung's room to deliver his freshly laundered apron.

"Oh hello, (Y/n)."

And I saw him there chatting with Jackson.

The famous playwright lived in a house away from the mansion, but he seemed to be good friends with Taehyung.

"I didn't know you were here, Jackson." - "I wanted to bring Taehyung these delicious tea leaves I got recently. You like this flavour, don't you?" - "Waaah! Thanks, Jackson!"

Taehyung's face lit up, but then all of a sudden, he fell silent.

Hm?

For some reason he started turning the tin of tea leaves round and round in his hand and peering at it.